The objective of the Master of Science BioMedical Engineering & Design (Diplome National de Master accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research) is to offer to students an up-to-date training in the field of engineering sciences applied to the biomedical sector, in particular in biomechanics, biomaterials, bioelectronics and healthcare engineering. This training relies on the expertise of professors (teachers and researchers) among the international leaders on their themes.
This programme will provide to non-biomedical graduated students, the background and the specific requirements to lead projects in the biomedical field, or the entrance ticket to a PhD.
Preference will be given to students with an engineering background and who have not followed biomedical programmes.
Are particularly developed through the MSc. BioMedical Engineering & Design skills connected to the activities of R&D in the biomedical sector. This industry requires an increasing capacity to evolve in a multicultural environment specifically at the interface between engineering and health, where exchanges and communication with the practitioners are essential. Besides, the basic skills in science and engineering are compulsory for the engineer in the biomedical sector. These competencies will be adapted and specialized to this sector during the programme.
Location : Ecole nationale supérieure des mines de Saint-Etienne - FRANCE
An 18 month programme: 12 months training and 6 months internship
A 12 month programme: 6 months training and 6 months internship
(a preliminary 6 month period is compulsory for students not satisfying a B2 DELF level)
Advantages of these two programmes:
- Ticket to a PhD in Biomedical and Healthcare Engineering
- Focused on the interface between engineering and health
- Based on the scientific expertise of our research center in engineering and health
- Include biomedical project and innovation management training
The MSc. BioMedical Engineeering & Design leans on the following three bases:
- The development of the skills required to evolve in the biomedical domain, with two internships which will give time to interactions between three actors of the domain: manufacturers, clinicians, researchers. These internships will be organized in a hospital environment and in company or laboratory.
- A significant proportion of hands-on project.
- A specialization in the scientific domains of engineering of the Healthcare sector
The training MSc. BioMedical Engineering and Design was created in the objective to train future researchers and executives engineers who will tomorrow contribute to develop and produce innovative products, devices or processes for the biomedical industry, in multinational groups, start-ups, public or private hospital sector.
The graduated will work both in the upstream and the downstream of the sector and at the interfaces between the manufacturers and the end users. The sector concerns the international R&D in the branch of health industry.
The jobs which the graduated will cover:
- Engineering of medical devices,
- Design of implants, prostheses,
- Biomedical instrumentation,
- Design of medical textiles
- Development of medicines,
- Implementation of bioelectronics,
- Healthcare engineering
One month French acculturation for non-holder of DELF B2
- French as foreign language
- Culture and engineering
Semester 1 (Fall)
- Healthcare environment
- Innovation & project management in health sector
- Year-long project (1/2)
Semester 2 (Spring)
- International management & Finance
- Personalized medicine, elective courses:
- Image processing
- Biomechanics and biomaterials
- Biomedical devices - bioelectronic
- Healthcare system management
- weeks hospital internship
- Year-long project (2/2)
- 6 months internship in a company or in a research lab