Photos of university / #stockholmschoolofeconomics
The MSc program in Business & Management offers a unique opportunity to develop the managerial skills needed to excel in top management positions.
Two specializations are offered:
- Specialization in Management
- Specialization in Marketing & Media Management
The program is based on unique live pedagogy, where much of the learning takes place in real projects, solving problems for real clients who expect real results. By continuously connecting theory and practice, we make sure you will not only learn about creating, developing, running and leading businesses, but also to develop as an individual and refine your management capabilities.
A master degree in Business & Management puts you in a unique position to hit the ground running when taking up a new position. It will open up new and exciting career opportunities in various industries. The knowledge, skills and capabilities you gain through the pedagogical approach enable you to add value from day one, making you a very attractive hire, with outstanding future prospects.
Specialization in ManagementThe specialization in Management will enable you to translate new ideas into direct action, make better decisions and lead others. Our goal is to develop your potential students to take on leadership roles when you graduate. The specialization is founded on a series of live projects with industry clients who view you as a consultant and expect concrete results. Working with projects within innovation, business development, and change means that you produce real value through real impact. Some projects will also allow you to seek out firms and industries of your choice. The program faculty has great industry and consulting experience, as well as experience from executive education. Coupled with the latest research and continuous dialogue with corporate partners, this ensures that the program contents always are updated and relevant.
Specialization in Marketing & Media ManagementThe specialization is intended for those who are passionate about making a difference in peoples lives, in business life, or in society at large. It will provide you with skills and tools to successfully engage in creative business development. It will significantly deepen your ability to make sense of and take action in rapidly developing market contexts, such as the new media sector. It will provide conceptual tools for, as well as hands-on training in, identifying opportunities, developing ideas, and turning visions into reality.
Specialization in Mangement - CurriculumThe first year gives you a solid foundation in the area of management. During the second year you make choices in line with your personal interests, allowing you to create an individual curriculum that is right for you.
The courses during the first year are designed to integrate theory, practice, skills and reflection. You will apply your theoretical learnings in real-life settings as you work with live cases and projects. You will develop and practice your business skills in a number of areas ranging from negotiation skills and the art of writing consulting reports to project management. You will also be given extensive and novel opportunities to interact with practitioners throughout the year.
During the second year it is up to you to decide and form your own personal curriculum. Some studens want to broaden their skills by taking courses in accounting, finance, or marketing, some go on a student exchange to one of our partner schools, a few work as trainees through the Executive Trainee Module. Others take courses at the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship, and some continue within the area of management with specialized courses.
During the second year you will also write your MSc Thesis (30 ECTS) within the area of management where you have significant influence on the topic chosen. Many choose to write their theses in collaboration with a company.
Specialization in Marketing & Media Management - CurriculumThe first semester provides tools for addressing strategic issues related to marketing, business development, and markets. You learn how to analyze changing markets, how to integrate different functions in the firm, and how to ensure that market orientation and customer value creation permeates the organization.
In a parallel course, you focus particularly on identifying and exploiting opportunities and managing challenges that face media corporations today. This is followed by a full semester in creative business development, brand management and marketing communications. The aim of these courses is to help you deal with the most important challenges facing corporations on todays highly dynamic markets.
The second year gives you opportunity to broaden your competence base by spending one semester at another university or business school within our international exchange program; by attending our special trainee program; or by taking elective courses from other master specializations. The final semester is devoted to writing your thesis, which provides opportunity to further specialize in an area of particular interest to you.
- Bachelor Degree Marketing & Media MangagementShould contain at least 90 ECTS in Social Sciences or Humanities (including but not limited to Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Psychology and/or Sociology), with a minimum of 45 ECTS in Business Administration, of which at least 15 ECTS are specifically in Marketing.
- Management Should contain at least 90 ECTS in Social Sciences or Humanities (including but not limited to Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Psychology and/or Sociology), with a minimum of 45 ECTS in Business Administration, of which at least 15 ECTS are specifically in Management.
GMAT or GRE
- GMAT or GRE testGMAT score of 600 or more.
- GRE score (Quantitative) of 155 or more.
- For both formats the recommended score for Analytical Writing part - in the range of 4.5-5.0 or higher.
Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in English, which must be demonstrated in one of the following ways:IELTS score (Academic) of 7 or more. IELTS scores should be reported by the test center to University Admissions in Sweden.
- TOEFL total score of 100 or more (internet based). TOEFL test scores must be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS), to University Admissions in Sweden (institution code: SWEDEN 3477).
English language test exemptions (ONLY THESE CASES):
- English as their native language
- a Bachelors degree from a program conducted completely in English
- Qualifications English B from Swedish upper secondary school (ONLY Swedish schools).4. CV and a letter of motivation. Relevant work experience and extracurricular activities may be taken into account. English Language Requirements IELTS band: 7 TOEFL paper-based test score : 600 TOEFL iBT® test: 100