Photos of university
You know Business Law
Now Learn the Laws of Business
Clients are in need of lawyers who understand their business. The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers Program is the only academic qualification that prepares lawyers to confront complex problems in the corporate environment and financial markets.
The Program enables legal professionals to gain a solid theoretical understanding as well as a practical approach to economic and financial issues related to the day-to day operations of a business firm. The Program provides a unique learning experience that promotes collaboration and leadership competencies in an interdisciplinary curriculum.
The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers is designed for legal professionals who:
- manage and lead their own law firm
- work as corporate counsels
- work in corporate financing and restructuring
- work in or with financial services firms
- act as consultants to business executives
The Program provides:
- A link between the legal profession and modern practice in business and finance
- A framework for participants to think and act as business partners offering them a business and managerial insight
- A learning experience that fosters leadership and teamwork competencies
Highlights of the Program
The core segment of the program offers a solid foundation of the economic, financial and accounting principles along with necessary quantitative skills. Special emphasis is provided on the practical applications of the economic theories. The program matches the legal interests of the participants by providing specialization courses on the legal aspects of international finance as well as courses on taxation, and complex financial contracts.
The ALBA MSc in Business for Lawyers has proven to be an invaluable tool in my professional life. It gave me the opportunity to think both as a manager and a lawyer, enhancing interaction with customers. It also gave me the knowledge to contribute to the management of my office.
Eleni Alexiou, Partner
Alexiou Kosmopoulos Law firm
Extensive opportunities to take courses abroad through student exchange agreements with a large network of top Business Schools worldwide.
After completing the Program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the language of business
- Have an genuine understanding of global financial markets
- Collaborate in and contribute to complex projects in financing and restructuring
- Introduce a managerial dimension to the practice of Law
- Make refined judgements in the application of ethics in business and the legal profession
- Demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills
- Negotiate effective win-win solutions
- Have a strategic mindset when dealing with wider business challenges
Participants must complete the requirements of 18 courses and 1 workshop. The duration of the MSc in Business for Lawyers Program is 16 months. Each academic year lasts from September to December of the following year. Classes meet twice per week during evening hours.
Period 1 (September - October)
- Financial Accounting for Lawyers I (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Business Economics (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 2 (November - December)
- Financial Accounting for Lawyers II (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- Finance for Lawyers (42 contact hours, 9 ECTS)
Period 3 (January - February)
- Mergers & Acquisitions for Lawyers (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Antitrust Law (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 4 (March - April)
- Regulation of Financial Markets (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Legal Aspects of International Finance (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 5 (May - June)
- Introduction to Management (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- The Management of Legal Conflict: Legal Strategy, Negotiation and Mediation (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 6 (September - October)
- Taxation Law (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
2 elective courses equivalent to 28 hrs
Period 7 (November - December)
- Leadership Development (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
2 elective courses equivalent to 28 hrs
ALBA Graduate Business School has always been dedicated in offering educational programs of the highest academic standards in the area of Business Administration, as well as a strong framework of personal development and social responsibility. We benchmark our strategies and processes against global norms in business education and we are driven by a commitment to meet and exceed the international standards. The continuous improvement of our academic and administrative processes, our people and faculty, our corporate culture as well as our passion for quality in education, create a stimulating environment for those that invest in ALBA Graduate Business School for their personal and professional development.
All our MBA programs are accredited from the Association of MBAs (AMBA),while both the MSc in Finance and MSc in Strategic HRM programs are EPAS (EFMD Programme Accreditation System) accredited.
These accreditations position us within a select group of business schools across the world, while they constitute another decisive step towards the accomplishment of our vision, which is to become one of the leading research-driven business schools in Europe, on the basis of excellence of teaching and intellectual impact on the business world, attracting outstanding faculty and students from all over the world.