Photos of university / #kocuniversity
Chemical & Biological Engineering is a discipline that integrates chemistry and biology at the molecular level and uses this broad foundation along with engineering fundamentals to study the synthesis of new processes and products.
Our graduate program in Chemical and Biological Engineering is an interdisciplinary program that combines chemical engineering fundamentals and systems biology to meet the research challenges of the future.
Research Areas of Interest
* Drug Discovery
* Tissue Engineering
* Plant Biotechnology
* Protein-Protein Interactions
* Protein Folding
* Process Dynamics, Control and Optimization
* Process Systems Engineering
* Supercritical Fluids
* Synthesis of Nanostructured Materials
* Fuel Cells and Sustainable Development
* Computational Fluid Dynamics
* Polymer Science and Engineering
* Biological Clock
* Interaction Networks and Pathways
* Modeling of metal organic frameworks for energy applications
* Molecular simulations of crystalline nanoporous membranes for gas separations
* Computational studies of adsorption and diffusion in porous materials
* Supercritical fluids and ionic liquids
The students who get the KU full-scholarship, will be supported with one of thepackages below;
For MS Students (Thesis Programs):
* Students admitted with a BS/BA degree will have the folowfing offer: * Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1,150 TL monthly stipend, housing.
For PhD Students:
* Students admitted with a BS/BA degree will have the following offer: * Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1,150 TL monthly stipend, housing. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
* Students admitted with a MS/MA degree will have the following offer: * Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1, 400 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier
* All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
* Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
* PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 2,500 TL .
* Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBITAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
* Research Award: 1,300 TL
* Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
* Research Award for PhD students: 2,000 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.