Photos of university / #uniofbath
The MA in Coach Education and Sports Development is for students who want to develop a critical understanding of the relationships between sport, coaching, physical activity and the social context. It is designed to meet the needs of those wishing to enhance their career prospects in Coach Education and Sports Development, providing participants with an in-depth, social-science based, understanding of sport, culture, and, coaching. Units are available in various modes of study, including attendance at the University and at local and overseas study centres, distance learning, and directed tutorial mode.
Qualifications and durations
* MA (FT 1 year; PT 2-5 years)
* Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PDE) 2-5 years
* Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Studies (PGCES) 2-5 years
* MA, PDE and PGCES in Coach Education and Sports Development
Students wishing to gain this award will have to follow a pathway comprising of five twelve credit units, which will include the unit Research Methods in Education.
All the units, which are worth 12 credits, are assessed by a 5000 word assignment. The degree is concluded with a 15000 word dissertation.
During Semester 1 students must take:
* Research Methods in Education
* Education and Society
* Sport and Coaching in Context
During Semester 2 students must take:
* Coaching Pedagogy and Practice
* Advances in Psychology for Sport, Coaching and Physical Activity
* Dissertation grounded in the field of Coach Education and Sports Development