Photos of university / #nus_singapore
The undergraduate programme, leading to the degrees of B.A. or B.Soc.Sci. (Hons.), is very flexible and students are encouraged to take any of the modules offered in CNM as well as modules from other departments in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, the School of Computing and the School of Business.
The core of the CNM Programme is new media studies, which focus on the societal impact of new technologies on our social, cultural, political and economic landscape. Students can choose from a wide range of modules covering subjects like computer mediated communication, human computer interaction, culture industries, media policy and regulation and game, visual and interactive media design. The communication management area provides an overview of the theory, principles and application of communication research, planning, and management in organizations. Students interested in careers in communication management in the age of interactive and new media have the unique opportunity to combine learning about interactive media with designing content for new media and doing research for communication management.
With this multi-faceted understanding of new media and communications, CNM graduates will be able to work in a wide spectrum of private corporations and public agencies, in policy formulation, public relations, corporate communication, research and information management positions.
Communications and New Media (CNM) is the only programme in Singapore and Southeast Asia that offers a concentration in communications and new media studies within a single department. The programme is innovative and dynamic, taking into account the ever-changing new media landscape both in Singapore and the rest of the world.
- NM1101E or NM1101FC Communications, New Media and Society
- NM2101 Theories of Communications and New Media
- NM2103 Quantitative Research Methods
- NM2104 Qualitative Communication Research Methods
- High School Graduation Certificate and transcript
- ACT with Writing / SAT and SAT Subject Tests
- Completion of online application
- Payment of Application Fee (S$20)
- Application Checklist
- National level High school examination results slip (if applicable)
- School examination results slip e.g. Year 11 High School transcripts/ SPM/ IGSCE/ Indian Standard 10
- University academic transcripts (only applicable to applicants applying for 3-year Law Programme)
- Additional results slip (if scores are indicated in application form) e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, SAT and SAT Subject Test scores, AP, ACT etc.
- Passport / Birth Certificate / Identification Card (clearly reflecting your Full Name and Date of Birth)
- Medical report(s) if you have or had any illnesses or disabilities (if applicable)
- Criminal record(s) (if applicable)