The course has been designed to provide you with the key knowledge and skills required to find employment in a wide range of technology related areas from systems analysis and programming to internet application development and user experience design. Our focus on professional skills and portfolio development, alongside project management and team working skills, give you the optimum mix of professional qualities to make you highly attractive to future employers.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- Accreditation from the British Computer Society (BCS);
- Teaching staff who have been internationally recognised for innovations in teaching and learning and who are active in internationally rated research work in fields such as pervasive computing, artificial intelligence, web development, distributed systems, and computing for the creative industries;
- The opportunity to spend an industrial placement year working with a technology company. Companies that students have worked for in the past include: Microsoft UK Ltd, Intel, Accenture as well as a range of medium sized companies in web, media and the creative industries;
- Free access to Microsoft software for study and development purposes as part of the Microsoft Academy scheme;
- An opportunity to take part in the Computing Film Show and Showcase, allowing you to present your work to potential employers;
- The opportunity to take part in our mentoring scheme run in conjunction with a large multinational computing company;
- An excellent social experience with events, trips, LAN gaming and more.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 8773 Module (EEA)
- GBP 11448 Module (International)
In your first two years you will study the essential topics of computing and technology systems including: programming; designing for usability; systems analysis; data management; web design and application development. Each of these topics will have a practical focus, so you can expect to be involved in developing computer programs, databases and web applications. A focus on user experience design means that you will develop solutions that meet the needs of real customers in their businesses and organisations.In your final year you will work on a significant personal project in which you can create an application involving the integration of data and media components with web technologies, pervasive systems and the mobile technology environment. You will also have the opportunity to study advanced topics such as Mobile Applications Development, Open Source Development, Rapid Application Development, Interactive Pervasive Systems and Intelligent Systems.
Your course will be based on a series of lectures, seminars and tutorials as well as laboratories, workshops, studio sessions and activity blocks. You will have a personal tutor who will review and discuss your progress with you and be available for advice.You will work with staff on real-world computing and design problems as you would in commercial, professional or research practice; this means that you develop professional skills at the same time as you learn the technical content of your degree.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
RequirementsEssential Entry Requirements:
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English Language and Mathematics, or specified equivalents.
- A-Levels: BBC to include one from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Design Technology or Computing. Excludes General Studies
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DMM in IT or a technical subject
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 29 points to include either Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Design Technology or IT at Higher Level
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Coventry University.
FundingMerit Scholarship Scheme
Merit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
- Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
- There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.
Occasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.Science Without Borders
Brazilian students are able to apply for full scholarship - including tuition fees and accommodation - to study undergraduate sandwich programmes at Coventry University.Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK, as part of the UK's contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
Scholarships for PhD and split-site (PhD) study
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Scholarships for Masters, PhD, or split-site (PhD) study at UK universities
- Shared Scholarships for Masters study at selected UK universities
If you are a citizen of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate study at UK universities
Ferguson Trust Scholarships are made available through the generosity of The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development. The Trust supports people from low-income and conflict-affected regions who want to improve their knowledge of peace and reconciliation. Scholarship amounts vary and are dependent on individual circumstances and assessment.
Accredited by BCS Educational Affiliate.