Photos of university / #svfu_news
The goal of the program is to prepare graduates who are ready to work in the field of cultural industries, which is based on individual creativity, an activity that carries the potential to create added value and jobs by producing and using intellectual property.
The future master of cultural studies should have organizational skills; possess high-level foreign language proficiency; and should know, understand and take into account crosscultural differences in the process of communication.
Graduates of the program can be employed in institutions of various forms, including government agencies and organizations, large and medium-sized businesses, as well as be ready to create their own small businesses.
Entrance exams include the following stages:
- Interview in the field of specialization (https://www.s-vfu.ru/universitet/rukovodstvo-i-struktura/strukturnye-podrazdeleniya/ums/convergence/Cultural%20studies.pdf).
- Test of English proficiency (waived for students with a valid international certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
- Calculation of the average score of points in the applicant’s university transcripts or official record of grades and exams.
- Score based on the recommendation and motivation letters of the contestants;
- Calculation of TOEFL, IELTS, or other internationally recognized certificate score or English proficiency test score in the absence of a certificate (according to the standard assessment system of the given test).
- The final scores of the contestants serves as the basis for determining which students are admitted to each of the three international master's programs “Convergence”.
- Competitors submit to the NEFU Admissions Committee the following package of documents for entrance examinations:
- A personal application for participation in the competition, in the form established by NEFU;
- A copy of the passport;
- A copy of the document on higher education with an extract from the test book (for foreign citizens translated into Russian and legalized, if this is required by Article 107 of the Federal Law No. 237 “On Education in the Russian Federation”);
- Personal motivation letter (in free form);
- A letter of recommendation indicating individual achievements signed by a specialist from the previous place of study (in free form);
- A copy of a document demonstrating the level of English proficiency (TOEFL certificate, IELTS, etc.), if available;
- A medical certificate.
Government scholarship allocated by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
You need to register and send your application to https://future-in-russia.com/.
NEFU Scholarship for International Students.
The scholarship in the amount of 50 000 rubles is granted to international students applying to NEFU degree programs (Bachelor, Specialist, Master, Aspirantura) once a year and can be used either on partial tuition waiver or on improvement of living conditions in Yakutsk (medical insurance, purchase of winter clothes etc.)
The grantees are selected by NEFU Contest Committee.
The courses are taught in English by a group of local and foreign professors who have developed their content materials especially for this program in accordance with its main purpose – to become a practical and useful way for graduates to find good career and job opportunities in the fast changing society.
The program has been in preparation for a long period of time by the core members of the School of International Studies (SIS) at NEFU, aiming at two major goals: the generation of career opportunities for young people and the development of the community. This program is designed for prospective young students, so that they can further develop their careers and will contribute to the community.
The program “CONVERGENCE” is divided into three possible options for students: “high technology”, “cultural content in the digital age”, and “business management in the digital economy”. By choosing one of the dimensions for study they will become a student of one of three different institutes of North Eastern Federal University: Institute of Physics and Technology, Institute of Languages and Culture of Peoples of the North East of Russia, or Institute of Economics and Finance. At the same time, however, the students all get together at the co-requisite classes that constitute almost half of the “Convergence” program. This approach is aimed at getting a broader and intermixed understanding of the dynamics of contemporary globalized and digitalized society. For this purpose, we intend to provide internship opportunity to practice at research labs and business companies, local and international, during their training periods.