Photos of university / #lifeatkings
* Dentistry at Kings is a renowned centre of international excellence for teaching and research.
* Pioneers of teaching dentistry through a blended learning approach with over 20 years experience.
* Face to face training in years one and two to learn and master latest techniques.
* Delivered by a team of highly specialised academic and non academic clinicians, many of whom are world-leaders in their field.
* Contributes towards continuing professional development (CPD).
* Opportunity to network with other Distance Learning students in the UK and abroad, who are enrolled in the various specialties offered.
It is expected that graduates will continue in general practice offering a higher standard of clinical care with an increased confidence and ability. They might also use the programme to enter independent practice focusing on endodontics.
The programme aims to provide the newest evidence based knowledge in endodontology and to enable the participants to successfully integrate endodontic therapy with the other aspects of restorative dentistry and to learn research methodology.
Offered in response to unprecedented demand for endodontically trained professionals from within the UK and abroad, this unique and comprehensive programme is aimed at dentists who would like to enhance their existing abilities while acquiring advanced and up-to-date skills which will enable them to successfully and confidently manage more complex and demanding endodontic cases.
This is a three year programme leading to an MSc in Endodontics. The curriculum includes the scientific basis of endodontology; diagnosis and treatment planning for patients with complex endodontic problems, clinical treatment of patients with endodontic and other restorative problems and learning research methodology to enable completion of a research project.
The mode of delivery is Distance Learning, which combines online and face-to-face components, enables practitioners to remain in clinical practice while training. This ensures no loss of income or work experience and establishes practice using skills learned on the programme. The course has been designed to provide theory, support and discussion groups by online training using a dedicated virtual learning environment to provide access to content wherever students are in the world.
The Unit of Distance Learning consists of a team of highly experienced administrative and support staff dedicated to providing support to students. Combined with the use of a comprehensive online educational delivery system, this allows students to continually interact with staff and colleagues, thus enhancing their learning experience.
To further facilitate access and understanding, the content is structured in modules, and will be delivered mainly via the recognized and user-friendly multi media structure of King's College London, allowing the participants the flexibility of studying in their own time, with minimal disruption to their usual routines whilst enjoying the same level of educational support provided in our conventional in-house courses.
Core programme content Year 1
* Clinical skills
* Anatomy of pulpal dentinal complex and periodontium
* Research methods.
* Course Pulpal and periapical inflammation
* Diagnostic procedures
* Operative procedures.
* Endodontic retreatment/Surgery and restoration of endodontically treated teeth
* one of the top 20 universities in the world (2013-4 QS international world rankings)
* the Sunday Times Best University for Graduate Employment 2012-3
* the fourth oldest university in England
* research-led and based in the heart of London.
Kings has over 26,000 students (including more than 10,600 postgraduates) from 140 countries and over 7,000 employees.
Kings provides world-class teaching and cutting-edge research:
* In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise for British universities, 23 departments ranked in the top 25 per cent of British universities.
* Over half of our academic staff work in departments that are in the top 10 per cent in the UK.
* The College is in the top seven UK universities for research earnings with an overall annual income of nearly £587 million.
Kings has a distinguished reputation in:
* the humanities
* the sciences, including health areas such as psychiatry, medicine, nursing and dentistry
* social sciences, including international affairs.
King's is in The Complete University Guide's Top Ten for:
* Anatomy & Physiology - 6th
* Biological Sciences - 9th
* Classics & Ancient History - 9th
* Dentistry - 2nd
* Drama, Dance & Cinematics - 6th
* Education - 2nd
* Food Science - 1st
* French - 8th
* Geography & Environmental Science - 10th
* History - 9th
* Law - 8th
* Music - 7th
* Nursing - 10th
* Philosophy - 6th
* Physiotherapy - 5th.
Kings has influenced many of the advances that shape modern life, such as:
* the discovery of the structure of DNA
* research that led to the development of radio, television, mobile phones and radar
* being the largest centre for the education of healthcare professionals in Europe.