Photos of university / #unifreiburg
The contents of the course are mainly legal questions which are dealt with from a German, French and Swiss angle. Students will be able to acquire and to adopt methods of comparative law. Additionally, the Master's thesis is written in an international context with the objective of carrying out scientific work in international relations.
Upon successful examination, participants will receive a triple degree from the three EUCOR universities in Freiburg, Strasbourg, and Basel.
Educational organisationWithin the course, students must achieve 60 ECTS by means of oral or written exams at the three universities and for the Master's thesis. Exams are held in different modules: private law, public law, criminal law, and international law.
Topics of the modules are:
1. Legal history and comparative law
2. Process of European and international law
3. Criminal law and criminology
4. Commercial and business law
5. Media law and intellectual property
6. System of German administration law
7. Basics of national and international public law
Forms of assessmentMainly written exams and the Master's thesis
Four ECTS are awarded for exams, the ECTS for the Master's thesis depend on the university at which the student chooses to write the thesis.
Language requirementsApplicants must provide proof of their fluency in German and French: either German corresponding to native language level and French level B1 or French corresponding to native language level and German level DSH-2/TestDaF (4 pts) are required.
Required DSH / TestDaFYes
Academic requirementsFirst German state exam or equivalent foreign exam in law
Enrolment fees145 EUR per semester
Costs of livingParticipants must make sure in good time that sufficient funds are available to finance their participation in a course of study. The average cost of living in Freiburg for one month is currently approx. 800-900 EUR. Some details:
- Student accommodation costs approx. 280-450 EUR (monthly).
- Private expenses amount to around 350 EUR (monthly).
- Health insurance is available for approx. 45-90 EUR (monthly).
- Transport: A special student fare for regional transport costs approx. 89 EUR (per semester).