Photos of university / #sdstatepics
The Bachelor of General Studies program through the College of Arts and Sciences is designed for adult and returning students who have already completed at least 60 college credits and want to complete a baccalaureate degree.
The Bachelor of General Studies offers students the flexibility to select coursework from a variety of focus areas: allied health; business; education; fine arts; humanities; social science; science, engineering and mathematics; technology; and wellness.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline June for Fall semester; November for Spring semester Tuition fee
- USD 7635 Year (National)
- USD 18044 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentMajor Requirements: 48Completion of 15 credits in at least 3 of the designated General Studies focus areas (45 credits):
- Allied Health (Courses such as anatomy, athletic training, health sciences)
- Business (Courses such as business administration, consumer affairs, economics, ag econ, entrepreneurial studies)
- Education (Courses such as early childhood education, art education, ag education)
- Fine Arts (Courses such as art, art history, interior design, theater, music)
- Humanities (Courses such as foreign languages, English, religion, philosophy, mass and speech communication)
- Social Science (Courses such as anthropology, human development, political science, psychology, sociology)
- Science, Engineering and Mathematics (Courses such as biology, chemistry, construction management, mathematics)
- Technology (Courses such as agricultural systems technology, computer science, electrical engineering technology)
- Wellness (health, physical education and recreation; wellness)
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than South Dakota State University.
FundingSDSU offers a variety of academic scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, activities participation and leadership.
South Dakota State University has been granted the full, ten-year reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. An accreditation team of representatives from peer institutions commended SDSU for:
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Quality new facilities
- Excellent student leadership
- Shared governance
- Partnerships with local community
- Robust and Integrated assessment program
- Successful transition to NCAA Division I Athletics