Photos of university / #edinburghuniversity
eHealth is an interdisciplinary field concerned with the use of digital information and communications technologies (ICT) in the contexts of health service management, patient care delivery, citizen-centred health and healthcare research.
It covers technological aspects of health information infrastructures and systems, human and organizational influences on technology adoption the business and policy drivers for eHealth and the effective design and evaluation of digital health innovations.
Why enrol in this programme?
Digital infrastructures and technologies are critical to the effective management of healthcare organisations and are changing the ways in which patient care is delivered and also empowering citizens to take more control over their own health.
Demand for eHealth expertise is rising rapidly and this fully-accredited online Postgraduate programme aims to equip its students with the knowledge and skills needed to support this expanding field.
This uniquely international and interdisciplinary programme introduces eHealth in the context of international health systems and global health challenges, supported by specialist courses covering areas such as public health informatics, tele-healthcare and mHealth. It offers you the opportunity to develop a comprehensive critical understanding of the many technical and sociotechnical factors underpinning eHealth and the research skills needed to study and evaluate these.
The MSc in eHealth will benefit people who either have or are seeking a career with international health and development agencies, governments or healthcare organisations or a relevant related area.
It will also be useful to designers of eHealth technologies and those seeking to evaluate the impacts of new innovations.
- The MSc in Global eHealth is awarded by the University of Edinburgh, which is a top ranking accredited University recognised world-wide.
- Taught by leading academics and practitioners from the University of Edinburgh, this programme also benefits from having the support of external tutors who are leading experts in international eHealth policy and practice.
- As part of a network of international tutors and learners you will benefit from being able to draw on their unique professional experiences, thereby enriching the educational benefits for all.
- Students of this programme join the University of Edinburghs Global Health Academy, part of a thriving multidisciplinary network of Global Academies.
- The teaching and support team is based in the University of Edinburghs internationally-respected Centre for Population Health Science, which was recently been designated the World Health Organization's Collaborating Centre for Population Health Research and Training.
- Introduction to Global eHealth
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- The Ethics and Governance of eHealth
- Telemedicine and Telehealth
- The Business of eHealth
- mHealth in High and Low Resource Settings
- Global Health Challenges
- User-centred Design
- Public Health Informatics
- Project Management
In the final phase of the programme students are be assessed on the basis of a structured research dissertation, based on a piece of original empirical research using a range of methods suited to the technology context and questions under investigation.
Our online learning environment is fully interactive and enables you to communicate with classmates and tutors from the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Our online students not only have access to Edinburghs excellent resources, but also become part of a supportive online community, bringing together students and tutors from around the world.