Photos of university / #kyotouniversity
We expect to develop the next generation of interdisciplinary leaders in the field of life sciences by providing the best academic research environment under the supervision of the finest graduate educators and PhD advisers. We emphasize the importance of the accomplishment of a research endeavor as well as academic performance in lecture, seminar, and laboratory practice. At the same time, the students are trained for developing the ability to discuss and debate scientific matters and research outcomes. Students are also trained to have wide vision and flexible thinking in life sciences, and are encouraged to go abroad to attend scientific meetings.
From 2011, The Graduate School of Biostudies, together with The Graduate Schools of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Science, launched "Global Frontier in Life Science", a new joint educational program for Doctoral and Master's students as part of K.U. Profile. This program, "Global Frontier in Life Science", will be held entirely in English, including the entrance examinations, lectures, experiments, and discussions.
International as well as domestic students are welcome. In particular, the School welcomes those who show a respect for life and a desire to create a comprehensive and cutting-edge field beyond existing disciplinary boundaries in the life sciences.
- Life Science: from Basics to Applications, from Molecular Biology to Systems Biology (compulsory subject: 1 credit)
- Beginning Science (partially offered in English, 1 credit)
- Global Frontier in Life Science A (2 credits)
- Global Frontier in Life Science B (1 credit)
- Advanced Molecular and Cell Biology I/II (2 credits)
- Cancer Biology (2 credits)
- Cellular & Molecular Mechanisms in Neural Development and Regeneration (1 credit)
- Basic English Discussion in Life Science I/II (1 credit)
- Application form for the Eligibility Screening
- Academic transcript
- Research progress report (designated form)
- Details of previous studies (designated form)
- A valid score for GRE General Test or SubjectTest
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of personal objectives (designated form)
- Application fee: 10,000 yen
- Admission Fee : 282,000 yen (tentative)
- A valid score for IELTS or TOEFL