Photos of university / #glionhospitalityschool
Glions hospitality management degrees offer a global experience and business expertise to turn your ambition into real-life career opportunities.
In this 3.5 year program, you can study in Switzerland or London, or both, for exposure to two renowned hubs of business and tourism. Our unique educational model will let you learn from experience and develop your leadership skills through internships and applied business studies.
The six specialization tracks are designed to sharpen your business expertise for diverse career paths in the global hospitality, tourism and service industries.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- EUR 41869 Year (EEA)
- EUR 41869 Year (Non-EEA)
Semester 1: CHF 25,250; Semester 2: CHF 25,600Start date January,October 2015 Credits 126
Duration full-time 42 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Degrees & Specializations:
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management
Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management with:
- Sustainable Development in Tourism
- Human Resources
- Real Estate Finance and Revenue Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Event Management
Semester Overview for Bachelor Degrees in Hospitality Management
This is a general overview of the hospitality courses and business concepts addressed in each semester of the bachelor degree in hospitality management program. Courses are subject to change, for the most up-to-date courses and general education options.
SEMESTERS 1 & 2 Operations & Craft-Based Learning
- Craft-based learning in Service & Kitchen*
- Intro to Food & Beverage
- Rooms Division
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Craft-based learning in Food & Beverage OR Rooms Division (Switzerland)
- Food & Beverage Administration
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Basic Financial Accounting
- Principles of Travel & Tourism
- General Education and Electives
* Craft Based Learning courses (1&2) are completed at the Glion campus in Switzerland. The term 'Craft-based learning' defines the courses where students practice hands-on learning in the restaurants and rooms division.
SEMESTER 3 Internship
The first internship semester is designed to let you practice the techniques youve learned on campus and explore your personal strengths in a real work environment.
SEMESTER 4 - Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Managing Rooms Revenue
- Management Finance
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Principles of Marketing
- General Education and Electives
SEMESTER 5 Internship
The second internship semester aims at developing your project management and administrative skills, it also helps you to choose a specialization.
SEMESTERS 6 & 7 Business Administration
The final year of the bachelor degree focuses exclusively on higher-level management and business administration courses. Currently the London campus offers only one specialization: the BBA in Hospitality Management while the Bulle campus in Switzerland offers the BBA in Hospitality Management and the Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management with specializations in Sustainable Development in Tourism, Human Resources, Real Estate Finance and Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing or Event Management.
Students enrolled on this program will follow the common courses plus the specialization courses of the pathway they choose.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management
This degree opens the doors to a wide range of career opportunities. It is the best choice for those students who have career aspirations as executives in large companies or step into the entrepreneurial world.
- Bachelor in Hospitality Management with Sustainable Development in Tourism
Countries and regions increasingly depend on tourism as a substantial element of their economy. This degree prepares students for employment in managerial jobs where they will play key roles in planning, developing and promoting tourism.
- Bachelor in Hospitality and Human Resources
Service industries are people businesses. Our graduates are prepared within the broad field of hospitality and specialized in human resource management and development to present companies with a desirable set of skills.
- Bachelor in Hospitality Management with Real Estate Finance and Revenue Management
Financial institutions, hospitality organizations and accounting firms recruit our graduates for their broad based hospitality backgrounds coupled with high levels of financial insight.
- Bachelor in Hospitality Management with Sales and Marketing
Marketing is a core business competency which assists in the development and implementation of corporate strategies. Students choosing this specialization will bring innovation and contemporary marketing ideas to their first employers.
- Bachelor in Hospitality Management with Event Management
Event management and organization is one of the fastest growing segments of the Hospitality Industry. In this program, students will develop skills in event planning and logistics within the broader context of business and management competencies.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Glion Institute of Higher Education.
New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)