Whether you are a new graduate or currently working and want to develop a career in HR, our excellently rated MSc programme provides the perfect opportunity to achieve a Masters degree and a professional qualification (CIPD) at the same time.
In addition we offer the opportunity to complete Level A and B Psychometric testing training as defined by the British Psychological Society.
Gain an understanding of the concepts, models and theories relevant to the management of people in work organisations. This programme is ideal for students who want to develop a career in HR.
Why choose this course?
* Gain a professional qualification (CIPD) that is recognised globally
* Develop an understanding of the concepts, models and theories relevant to the management of people in work organisations
* Short term placements to help develop practical experience of the HR profession
* Opportunity to complete Level A and B Psychometric testing as defined by the British Psychological Society
* Excellent employment opportunities, Aston Business School is ranked in the top 10 in world for careers (FT Masters in Management 2013)
This programme aims to develop an understanding of the
concepts, models and theories relevant to the management of people in work organisations. It also addresses the skills required for effective analysis and policy formation and is distinctive in grounding the study of HRM firmly within the broader study of management, with an emphasis on managing change and a concentration on strategic issues.
* Organisational Behaviour
* Strategy, Change and Leadership
* Strategic and International HRM
* Assessment, Performance and Reward
* Learning and Talent Development
* Employee Relations in Context
* Employment Law
* Research Methods in Human Resource Management & Business and Organisational Behaviour
* Managing & Interpreting Financial Information
* Qualitative Methods Workshop
* Project Module
In addition to your Aston degree, you will have the opportunity to participate in our international study exchange programme. Studying with one of our partner institutions, the programme will enhance your international experience and communication skills, preparing you for a career in the international business environment.
The Aston Business School MSc Scholarship deadline has now past, we are no longer accepting applications for this round of scholarships. The School is committed to supporting talented individuals wishing to further their studies at Aston and may make further scholarships available. Please visit this page for further scholarship announcements.
Aston is proud to support the brightest and the best students. We offer over 100 scholarships ranging from £1,000 to £5,000 for the most talented Business School postgraduate students.
"By investing in your future today, we aim to help you achieve your potential and become the most enterprising global leaders of tomorrow."
Professor George Feiger, Executive Dean of Aston Business School
Scholarships are awarded towards the cost of tuition fees and range from £1,000 to £5,000 with a few scholarships of up to 50% of fees available for the very best students.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship award, applicants will need to:
* Be a self-funded student
* Have been offered a place on one of our MSc programmes
* Submit a personal statement (details below) for consideration by a panel of senior University staff
Scholarship Application Forms
Please make your application for a scholarship on the relevant form for your chosen degree.
After receiving the offer of a place, and before the deadline of 31 May 2014, students wishing to apply for a scholarship should submit a personal statement, which should:
* Be between 500-700 words
* Cover factors such as their reasons for the choice of course and its relevance to their future career goals as well as details of relevant work experience, extra-curricular activities and achievements
* Provide examples of how they have made an active contribution to business and society
* Demonstrate leadership qualities as well as the ability to work successfully as part of a team to achieve outcomes
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 May 2014 together with a copy of your academic transcript. Applications sent to other email addresses will not be considered.
In assessing an eligible student for the receipt of an Aston Business School scholarship, we will take into consideration:
* Academic merit based on previous qualifications
* Ambition and the potential to make a significant contribution to business and to society after graduation
* Leadership potential
* Demonstrable qualities which show the desire and potential to become a successful ambassador for the School during and after their studies
Students in receipt of an Aston Business School scholarship, as the brightest and best of our students, will go on to become advocates for the School. We expect that they will work hard to achieve their potential in their academic qualification, their extra-curricular activities and their future career aspirations.
We will also expect recipients to undertake ambassadorial duties including, but not limited to:
* Meeting potential students at Open Day sessions
* Taking part in webinars and live chat sessions with potential applicants
* Providing testimonials and video content for the website and promotional materials
Scholarship applications must be made after the receipt of an offer from Aston Business School so we would encourage all interested candidates to apply as early as possible.
Aston Alumni Bursaries
In addition to the Aston Business School Scholarships, we will award a bursary of 20% of the full fee for all those who completed their first degree at Aston University. The bursary will be reflected in your fees which will be shown in the offer e-mail.
Accreditation is a stamp of quality and prestige for a business school and its programmes. Aston University is proud to be among 1% of business schools worldwide with triple accreditation.