The study programme is mainly provided for the specialists having work experience in business administration and management of organizations. The study strategy is based on the students contribution in the learning process by sharing knowledge, as well as independent management of the learning process. Situation analyses and other materials are used in order to develop understanding concerning application of the theory in order to solve practical problems. In the framework of the programme the approach based on research is applied by considering the management problems.
Acquisition of the study programme takes place in lectures, seminars, practical classes, independent work classes and consultations with scientific advisors. Along with the traditional forms of work, the interactive study and research work methods are also practised which activate generation of new knowledge of the students, as well as acquisition of analytical and research skills: projects, group work, creative workshops, discussions, situation analysis, research.
Goals of the study programme:
Tasks of the study programme:
- Preparation of highly qualified researchers for Business Administration sub-sector of Management Science sector.
- Preparation of theses, monographs, text books and teaching aids important for theory and practice, as well as preparation of scientific publications, incl.:
- development and implementation of the doctoral research programme;
- discussion of doctoral research results (incl. approbation of the results: publications and presentations in conferences and seminars);
- preparation and presentation of a doctorate paper.
- Popularization of scientific research results in international conferences and seminars, as well as popular science publications.
- Professional, Academic Bachelor or 2nd level higher Professional qualification + Professional, Academic Master in the Economics, Finance or Business Administration. Total 6years of studies.
- Duly completed and signed Application form with the original signature of the applicant
- 1 photo (3x4 cm)
- Copy of passport
- Curriculum vitae
- Document confirming language proficiency: IELTS (minimum 6.0 points) or other certificate confirming English language level
- Copy of the secondary education document (notary certified translation in English if original isnt in English)
- Copy of latest graduation certificate and transcript (notary certified translation in English if original isnt in English)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Research proposal/ Scientific article - 10 pages (applying for a Doctoral degree)
- Payment order certified by bank for paid registration fee of 100 EUR
English Language RequirementsIELTS band: 6
State Education Development Agency (VIAA) offers scholarships to students, researchers and teaching staff of several countries for studies and research work in Latvian higher education institutions.
The amount of the Latvian scholarship for studies is:
For bachelor and master students LVL 350 (~ 660 USD) per month;
For PhD students LVL 470 (~890 USD) per month.
Only citizens from countries which have signed an agreement on co-operation in education and science can apply for the Latvian government scholarships.
These countries are: Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium (Flanders Community and French Community of Belgium), Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Lithuania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
The application deadline for study and research stay is May 1, 2014.