The Department of International Business Administration offers a BA in International Business Administration, which addresses all the functional areas of business within an international context.
The major emphasizes both discipline-based knowledgean understanding of basic business disciplines with an ability to integrate the concepts, models and techniques associated with businessas well as problem solving, IT, leadership, and communication skills.Departmental Honors
Students majoring in either International Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or International Finance may, on the basis of their superior academic performance, be invited during their junior or senior years to participate in the IBA Departmental Honors Program.
This program affords outstanding students the opportunity to deepen and broaden their understanding of the business world and to accelerate their search for academic and professional excellence. Beyond academic results, students will be required to write and present a thesis in their senior year. Additional information is available from the IBA Department chair and the IBA Honors Program faculty supervisor.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline Fall Admission : Round 1 by 15 November; Round 2 by 1 February; Round 3 by 15 March; Round 4 by 1 June; Round 5 after 1 June; Spring Admission: Round 1 by 1 October; Round 2 by 15 November; Round 3 after 15 November Tuition fee
- EUR 26590 Year (EEA)
- EUR 26590 Year (Non-EEA)
Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentRequirements for the Major in International Business Administration
8 FirstBridge courses change every year
General Education Requirements
- Up to 8 EN 1010 College Writing, EN 2020 Writing and Criticism
- 8 French through FR 1200 Elementary French Language and Culture II
- 4 Historical and Cross-Cultural Understandings
- 4 Social Experience and Organization
- 4 from either of the above two categories
- Up to 8 Scientific and Mathematical Investigations
Required (58 credits)
- MA 1020 Applied Statistics I
- EC 2010 Principles of Microeconomics
- EC 2020 Principles of Macroeconomics
- BA 2001 Financial Accounting
- BA 2002 Managerial Accounting
- BA 2020 Management and Organizational Behavior
- BA 2040 Marketing in a Global Environment
- BA 3010 Corporate Finance
- BA 3012 Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- BA 3070 Operations Management
- BA 3075 Legal Environment of Business or BA 3084 International Business Law
- BA 3500 Business Information System
- BA 4003 International Business
- BA 4080 Strategic Management: a Global Perspective
- BA 4050 Business Integration Capstone (2 credits)
Plus general electives to total 128 credits
RequirementsApplication requirements - what you need to submit to us
An application to The American University of Paris requires several supporting documents and sometimes tests. Most requirements can be uploaded directly in your online application. We cannot provide you with a decision until we receive all of your documents.
- Online application form
- Personal statements
- Extracurricular activites and work experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- English language test
- SAT/ACT test scores (optional)
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than The American University of Paris.
FundingFinancial aid and scholarships
An AUP education is an important investment in your future, and we work hard to make it an affordable one. Our tuition and costs are competitive with those of small, selective universities in the United States, and we offer merit scholarships and need- and merit-based financial aid that make affording AUP even more manageable.