Kyushu University’s LL.D. program offers students the unique opportunity of preparing a doctoral thesis in English whilst studying at a Japanese university. The program is designed to provide students with the skills necessary to complete high-level research in law.Participants will pursue a closely supervised program of research for 6 consecutive semesters (3 years) prior to submitting a final dissertation.
Subject Areas for Doctorates. The doctoral thesis may be on any law-related subject agreed in consultation with the academic supervisors and approved by the LL.D. Faculty Committee.
The doctoral thesis may be on any law-related subject agreed in consultation with the academic supervisors and approved by the LL.D. Faculty Committee. A full list of professors and their research interests can be found at: http://www.law.kyushu-u.ac.jp/programsinenglish
- All applicants are expected to have engaged in some form of law study at graduate level.
- A good command of English. A TOEFL score of 250+ (computer-based), 600+ (paper-based), or 100+ (Internet-based) or equivalent is required for non-native English speakers.
- Sufficient financial support for the duration of the program. See Section 6 below for details on tuition and other fees.
- Kyushu University Registration Fee: 30,000 yen
- Kyushu University Entrance Fee: 282,,000 yen
- Japanese Government Scholarship
- Embassy Nominated Japanese Government Scholarship