Photos of university / #cardiffuni
In recent years, key global issues have raised the profile of international affairs substantially. Lawyers are increasingly required to understand both the law and political issues which influence how States and other international actors behave.
Our LLM Legal and Political Aspects of International Affairs will help you build the necessary level of expertise to succeed in the fast-growing world of international affairs, in a stimulating and challenging environment.
- A varied programme that draws students from all over the world
- The ability to study topics in-depth and conduct research in areas of
international affairs of particular interest to you
- The only programme in the UK to offer tuition from established experts in both international law and international relations
- An international perspective, with emphasis on international conventions as well as political reality
- Innovative and unique modules, from the traditional to those at the cutting edge of recent developments
- Flexibility and choice from a wide range of modules
- An extremely friendly and approachable teaching team
Students must complete four modules (one assessment for each module comprising of a 5,000 word essay or examination) and a dissertation (not exceeding 15,000 words). Students must study two modules from the selection of Legal and Political Aspects of International Affairs modules. Their other modules may be drawn from the modules listed in any other programme or from a combination of programmes, including modules offered by another School in the University.
Depending on the programme and the particular module, teaching methods comprise a mix of lectures and seminars, individual and joint written and oral presentations and distance learning. All modules are supported by extensive IT provision available on campus. Modules are typically led by staff actively engaged in research relevant to their subject matter.
- International Affairs: Legal and Political Aspects
- Human Rights and Global Justice
- International Humanitarian Law
Postgraduate Taught Scholarships
Cardiff University is pleased to announce that the Postgraduate Taught Scholarship Scheme for entry 2014/15 has been confirmed.
Cardiff University has committed to invest a total of £500,000 in this high value competitive scholarship scheme to support Home and EU students who are planning to start an eligible full-time master programme in September 2014.
The Scholarships are each worth a minimum of £3,000 and will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount.