Photos of university / #universityofgroningen
During this Top Master programme you will gain insight into: * The pathophysiology of diseases * The rational design, development and delivery of drugs * How drugs work * Molecular medicine
This interdisciplinary programme develops a broad understanding of various concepts and techniques. Your class will consist of students from a range of educational backgrounds, but all from the top 5 10%, leading advanced knowledge exchange.
You will benefit from:
* * Being guided by scientists at the forefront of their field
* * Modern, extensive facilities
* * Interactive, individual and intensive tuition
* * Opportunity to design a PhD project
There are a lot of opportunities to advance your research skills, as our ethos is to provide a hands-on experience to complement theoretical input.
* * Two research projects are included in the curriculum
* * Theoretical classes given to advance knowledge and techniques
* * Opportunities within the research institute GUIDE on Chronic Diseases and Drug Exploration.
The result is a programme that you tailor to meet your interests and aspirations, leading to a gradual specialisation into your area of choice. What sets this course apart is that we focus on developing scientific skills, not knowledge retention, we facilitate the development of a critical and analytical scientific mindset, preparing our students to be leaders in their field!
* Clinical Chemistry
* Medical Consultancy
* Nutrigenomics Scientist
* 1st year The first six months contain courses on recent developments in (bio)medical and pharmaceutical research and innovative research techniques (including genomics, expression manipulation, proteomics, imaging, in vivo techniques). Already in the first year students perform their first research project.
* 2nd year Students perform their second research project, write a literature review on a topic of their owm preference, and design their own PhD project. Each year several excellent PhD proposals are granted!
Courses year 1
* Modern techniques in medical, biomedical, and pharmaceutical sciences (9 EC)
* Recent developments in medical, biomedical, and pharmaceutical sciences (11 EC)
* Theoretical preparation for advanced research in medical, biomedical, and pharmaceutical sciences (4 EC)
* Research project I (33 EC)
* Colloquium I (3 EC)
Courses year 2
* Project writing- predefined subject (5 EC)
* Research proposal, including tender (8 EC)
* Capita Selecta (6 EC)
* Research project II (33 EC)
* Colloquium II (3 EC)
Cell biology; Translational Medical Research; Molecular Medicine; Pharmacy; Biochemistry; Physiology; Drug Design.
* Study abroad is recommended
Students are encouraged to perform their second research proposal abroad, further enhancing their international experience. Previously students have done this at:
* Children's Hospital Boston
* Harvard Stem Cell Institute
* Imperial College London
* J.W. Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main
* KU Leuven
* Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
* University Hospital Freiburg
* University of Cambridge
* University of Colorado
* University of Münster
* University of Oxford
The university is committed to recognizing excellence in academic achievement through offering a number of scholarships for international students and researchers. Several scholarships are available for international students who are motivated to study Bachelors, Masters and PhD programmes, as well as for exchanges, short courses and research stays at our university.
Besides scholarships awarded by the University of Groningen, a number of grants awarded by the Dutch government, the EU and (inter)national organizations, such as World Bank or the Ford Foundation, can be used for study or research at the University of Groningen as well.
Accredited by the Dutch Government