Rapid changes in healthcare systems require new professionals with a deep understanding of health and healthcare issues and a wide spectrum of skills to promote and manage changes at the organizational and policy level.
MIHMEP intends to train a new cadre of professionals by providing an interdisciplinary and international program specifically focused on healthcare management and policy.
Through an itinerary comprising 9 months of classroom activities and a 3 month field project, participants will develop theoretical and practical skills in management, economic analysis, policy analysis and formulation, and epidemiology.
The program is designed to ensure that participants:
- fully comprehend and learn to lead the important new developments occurring in health-related industries (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies);
- achieve substantial skills and competencies in the management of healthcare organizations;
- gain experience in applying qualitative and quantitative methods to promote and manage change at the organizational and policy level;
- understand the epidemiological factors and the political, economic and social context of healthcare management from an international perspective;
- understand the political process and strategy which drive the international health arena
The challenging learning experience is enriched with intensive cultural exchange between participants coming from variety of backgrounds and from different parts of the world.
About SDA Bocconi School of Management
The leading School of Management in Italy and the only Italian School present in all of the most important International rankings (Financial Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Economist, Forbes), SDA Bocconi has established itself as a European leader in higher education.
SDA Bocconi School of Management is part of Università Bocconi, the first Italian University to grant a degree in economics. For over a century, Bocconi has played a leading role in Italys social and economic modernization.
SDA Bocconi has been engaged in the promotion and organization of executive education since 1971, with an International approach. The Schools vision of empowering life through knowledge and imagination lies behind its program offerings: Executive Education Open and Custom Programs, MBA and Master Programs, for the development of individuals, companies, institutions and economic systems.
Choosing SDA Bocconi and coming to Milano means choosing a vibrant environment, the entrepreneurial, financial and industrialized center of Italy, a doorway to Europe. In short, a wealth of international contacts and opportunities.
And Milano, of course, is culture, fashion, design, food and the art of living.
- 11th MBA in Europe - FT Global MBA Rankings 2014 (+3)
- 31st MBA Worldwide - FT Global MBA Rankings 2014 (+8)
- 8th BS in Europe - FT European B-Schools Rankings 2013 (+3)
- 28th BS in Europe - FT Executive MBA Rankings 2013 (+7)
- 10th BS in Europe, 19th Worldwide - FT Executive Education Rankings 2013 (+7)
- 8th BS in Europe, 15th Worldwide - FT Custom Education Rankings 2013 (+8)
- 14th MBA in Europe, 47th MBA Worldwide - Which MBA, The Economist 2013 (+23)
- 6th MBA in Europe - QS TopMBA Global 200 Business Schools Report 2013 (+1)
- 3rd MBA Program outside US - Forbes 2013 (+1)
The program sees three terms when students take Core Courses and Specialization Courses, and ends with a fourth term, during which students participate in an internship within a health care organization, insitution or company in Italy or abroad.
Public colloquium - October
This is an introductory one-week course, which has two main objectives:
- to orient incoming students to the MIHMEP program and to living in Milan;
- to provide students with practice in public speaking, team building and professional writing through some interactive workshops.
Core courses - October /April
- Health care systems & policy
- Health Economics
- Foundations of Management · Quantitative Methods
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Accounting
- Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programs
- Issues in Public Health
Specializations - April - May/June
- Global health & Development
- Health Care Management
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Technology
At MIHMEP 16 (academic year 2014-2015) students will be expected to choose 1 among 3 Specializations. There will be a total number of 120 hours of Specialization courses and seminars to be taken by every MIHMEP student in the 3rd term (certain courses may also be delivered in the 2nd term). Choosing a Specialization is mandatory.
The Specializations in the academic year 2012-2013 are the following:
- Global Health & Development
- Health Care Management
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Technology
In addition to the chosen Specialization, to receive the MIHMEP Diploma students have to choose 2 more courses (minimum 48 hours) from the offer of the other MIHMEP Specializations. The choice of these additional courses can be based on the individual's interests and future career expectations, adding value to the Specialization courses by learning new subjects.
After the completion of MIHMEP, students will be awarded the MIHMEP Diploma and a separate certificate reporting the Specialization undertaken. It could be used on the market to reinforce one's ability to be selected for a position should one need to use it as a proof of additional/specific qualification. However the MIHMEP diploma itself would not prevent a student from applying for a position and receiving a job not related to a chosen Specialization. Evaluation
Students performance in each course will be evaluated on the basis of final exam, group work and class participation.
Internship From June
During the fourth term, students participate in an internship within a healthcare organization or a company in Italy or abroad. The projects are carried out over a period of 12 weeks and require full-time commitment. During the internship, students are supervised by two tutors: one from the host organization and the other from the MIHMEP Faculty. Near the end of the first term, the Internship Day is organized in order for MIHMEP students to meet field project providers and to present internship options.
Internships may be performed in pharmaceutical/medical device companies, national and regional health authorities, hospitals, health insurance organizations, NGOs, supranational organizations, research centres and consulting companies. All represent potential employing organizations for MIHMEP students. At the end of the program, students will receive advice concerning job placement and the best job options available both in Italy and abroad. Evaluation At the end of the experience the students prepare a report describing and discussing the results of their projects.
SDA Bocconi School of Management is making available some full and partial merit-based tuition waivers to 2014-2015 MIHMEP candidates with an outstanding profile. The number and assignment criteria of total or partial tuition waivers are defined and acknowledged by a selection Committee whose decision is final.
( se possible linkare a: http://www.sdabocconi.it/en/specialized-master-full-time-executive/mihmep/admissions/costs-scholarships-and-funding#content)
The School assists candidates with their search for funds by placing at their disposal the documentation required for loan applications.
In particular, Bocconi facilitates opportunities for low-interest loans available to admitted students, thanks to agreements with some partner banks.
Furthermore the University provides international students with information about possible sources for financing in several countries.
(se troppo lungo togliere questa seconda parte e lasciare solo le info sulle borse)