Photos of university / #tilburguniversity
The Master in Organization Studies provides you with a critical understanding of organizational behavior and its theoretical foundations, with a specific focus on organizational complexity and dynamics. It is designed for those seeking a sound theoretical basis in organization studies, a deeper level of understanding about how organizations deal with complexity and dynamics and an advanced level study that will generate transferable skills and facilitate employment in a great variety of organizations.
The Master's program focuses on two central organizational concepts: complexity and dynamics. Complexity is one of the key contemporary organizational issues. Individuals, groups, organizations and networks are embedded in complex webs of interdependent relations which can be of social, institutional or economic character. Dealing appropriately with complex relations is crucial for the good functioning of organizations and cooperations.
The concept of dynamics refers to environmental changes that influence the choice of organizing processes and organizational forms and strategies. How organizations deal with these dynamic changes has a considerable influence on the way they function. Therefore, the central question is how organizations can handle these complexities and dynamics within the organization and organizational networks.
The program is divided into four units. The last two units are reserved entirely for writing your Masters Thesis.The program consists of 60 Credits (ECTS), equivalent to 1,680 hours of study. Below is an overview of the courses that make up the program.
The list below gives an overview of the courses that make up the programme.
- Kickoff day Organization Studies
- Complexity within Organizations 6 ECTS
- Organizing Strategy and Entrepreneurship 6 ECTS
- Organizational Dynamics 6 ECTS
- Interorganizational Relationships 6 ECTS
- Societal Developments and Institutions 6 ECTS
- Master's Seminar Organization Studies 6 ECTS
- Master's Thesis Organization Studies 24 ECTS
Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence
For the academic year 2014-2015 Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences has 8 scholarships available for excellent international students who are admitted to a Master's program at our School.
The Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence includes:
- A scholarship of 5000 for living expenses;
- A partial tuition waiver
To qualify for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence, you must fulfill the following admission requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to a Master's program:
- Candidates must have graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) in their relevant (under)graduate program or graduate in the top 10% of their class.
- Candidates should provide a motivation letter.
- Candidates must have been admitted to one of the graduate programs at Tilburg University.
- Candidates must be newly enrolled at Tilburg University
On the basis of the following selection criteria, the selection committee of each school will select the recipients of the Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence:
- The academic results in the relevant (under)graduate program
- The quality and content of the motivation letter
- The language test score
Tilburg University strives for a balanced participation in terms of nationality.
Tilburg University Scholarships for Academic Excellence are awarded for one academic year. Candidates applying for one of the Research Master programs will have to apply for the scholarship again for their second year of their Research Master program.
To apply for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence you should:
Accredited by NVAO