Photos of university / #universitycollegecork
The M.Plan (CKE69) is a two year taught course that prepares graduates for professional careers in town and country planning, regional and spatial planning, sustainable and related environmental fields.
The MPlan course is fully accredited by the Irish Planning Institute and the Royal Town Planning Institute giving you a recognised international professional qualification.
It is run through UCCs new Programme in Planning and Sustainable Development, a joint initiative of the Departments of Geography, Applied Social Studies and Sociology.
The core M.Plan teaching staff are professionally qualified planners based in these three departments. They are supported by lecturers from a range of other Departments and units from across the University as well as by specialist lecturers and guest contributors from outside UCC.
Learning OutcomesOn successful completion of this programme, students should be able to:
* Apply a creative capacity for the formulation of realistic and imaginative plans and strategies;
* Demonstrate informed decision making and communication in planning;
* Foster and communicate an in-depth appreciation of values, society and environmental settings;
* Apply spatial understandings of the nature of place, quality of life and physical networks to contemporary cities, towns, regions and landscapes;
* Recognise the real-world legal, economic and political contexts within which planning operates;
* Demonstrate an applied appreciation of stakeholder roles and relationships in contemporary planning;
* Apply specialised engagement with the theories, dialogues and techniques of sustainable development.