The MRes Finance will follow the first two semesters of core courses, already established within our existing programmes and providing a solid grounding in management principles. This will be followed by an intensive summer school, undertaking courses aimed at:
* Providing an understanding of accounting information and financial reporting.
* Giving a background to modern finance.
* Introducing key areas of finance (commodities, currencies, options, hedging, futures, institutions and markets) and to so in an historical context
* Helping the student learn from history and to place finance in that context. To provide the students with theoretical and practical knowledge of quantitative techniques in finance.
* To introduce key areas in quantitative techniques in finance such as regression analysis, correlations, volatility measuring, and time series analysis.
* To help students learn about the usefulness of quantitative analysis in measuring and assessing risk and expected return.
* To introduce key aspects of financial analysis and enable students to undertake interpretation of accounts; ratio analysis and user-group specific tools, e.g. Z scores and credit ratings; accounting information and the stockmarket; forecasting and valuation.
This degree programme is designed to provide the student with a thorough grounding in generic and subject specific research skills whilst commencing work on your research project.
University of Aberdeen Alumni Discount Scheme
The University of Aberdeen is very pleased to offer a 20% discount on postgraduate tuition fees for all alumni who have graduated with a degree from the University of Aberdeen.