The program is directed toward individuals with a science background and an interest in a management position. This may include people in the following positions, if they have an interest in a management career at a biotechnical or pharmaceutical company:
* Lab technicians
* Medical technicians
* Scientists who do not have a strong background in molecular biology
* Undergraduates who are about to complete their baccalaureate degree in biology or biochemistry
Current entry-level managers may have limited experience in the biological sciences or may have MPH or medical degrees. The program addresses the need on a more fundamental level, training students in both management and biomedical principles. Positions that would find such a dual degree of benefit include:
* Department or Group Manager at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company
* Director of Operations, Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Field Manager or Sales Representative at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company
* Director of Materials Management at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company or at an Integrated Healthcare Network
* Manager in a Public Policy Department at a state or federal government agency
* Accounting for Managers
* Business, Ethics, and Society
* Career Management Program
* Financial Management
* Managerial Economic Analysis
* Marketing Management
* Operations Analysis
* Organizational Behavior
* Fundamentals in Biomedical Science I & II
* Pharmacology and Drug Marketing
* The Business of Science: Drug Development
* Fundamentals of Pharmacology (3 credits)
* Principles of Clinical & Translational Research in Oncology (3 credits)
* * Parts I and II of a required 'Fundamentals' sequence: Fundamentals I (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), Fundamentals II (Cell Biology). Fundamentals of Human Physiology can be substituted for Fundamentals I or II.
The program is directed towards individuals with a science background. It trains students in both management and biomedical principles.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.