The program is directed toward individuals with a science background and an interest in a management position. This may include people in the following positions, if they have an interest in a management career at a biotechnical or pharmaceutical company:
* Lab technicians
* Medical technicians
* Scientists who do not have a strong background in molecular biology
* Undergraduates who are about to complete their baccalaureate degree in biology or biochemistry
Current entry-level managers may have limited experience in the biological sciences or may have MPH or medical degrees. The program addresses the need on a more fundamental level, training students in both management and biomedical principles. Positions that would find such a dual degree of benefit include:
* Department or Group Manager at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company
* Director of Operations, Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Field Manager or Sales Representative at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company
* Director of Materials Management at biotechnical/pharmaceutical company or at an Integrated Healthcare Network
* Manager in a Public Policy Department at a state or federal government agency
* Accounting for Managers
* Business, Ethics, and Society
* Career Management Program
* Financial Management
* Managerial Economic Analysis
* Marketing Management
* Operations Analysis
* Organizational Behavior
* Fundamentals in Biomedical Science I & II
* Pharmacology and Drug Marketing
* The Business of Science: Drug Development
* Fundamentals of Pharmacology (3 credits)
* Principles of Clinical & Translational Research in Oncology (3 credits)
* * Parts I and II of a required 'Fundamentals' sequence: Fundamentals I (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), Fundamentals II (Cell Biology). Fundamentals of Human Physiology can be substituted for Fundamentals I or II.
The program is directed towards individuals with a science background. It trains students in both management and biomedical principles.
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.