What global impact can a graduate degree in Biological and Agricultural Engineering at Kansas State University make on mankind? The worlds population is projected to exceed 9 billion people by 2050. Future generations face unique biological and ecological challenges. The BAE department is actively engaged in research to address challenges faced by the next generation. Examples include food availability, preservation of natural resources, water quality and quantity issues, climate change and others.
Collaboratively with other engineers and scientists the BAE faculty are committed to fulfilling the department motto of We Bring Solutions to Life.
Main research focus areas of BAE: * Environmental including water, climate and air
* Bio processing including bio-based fuels and valued added products
* Controls and sensors including product innovation and information utilization
Since there is some overlap between undergraduate and graduate study, some graduate courses will satisfy the degree requirements for the undergraduate degree. A maximum of 9 graduate credit hours from the M.S. BAE degree can be counted toward the B.S. BSE degree.
* Structures and Environment Engineering
* Biological Systems Engineering Senior Design
* Biological Process Engineering
* Advanced Machinery Drive Components
* Natural Resource Engineering I
* Problems in Agricultural Engineering
* Biological Systems Engineering Design Project
* Instrumentation and Control for Biological Systems
* Fundamentals of Conversion of Biorenewable Resources
* LifeCycle Assessment
* Energy and Biofuel Engineering
* Air Pollution Engineering
* Natural Resource Engineering II
* Environmental and Ecological Risk Assessment
Each university in the Unites States of America sets its own admission standards so there isn't the same criteria for all the students and the university can decide which applicants meet those standards. The fee for each application is between $35 to $100.
After the selections of the universities you want to attend, the best of all would be to contact each university for an application form and more admission information for the international students. Moreover, for a graduate or postgraduate program it's necessary to verify the admission requirements. Some programs require that you send your application directly to their department.
Admissions decisions are based on students's academic record and different test scores, such as TOEFL, the SAT or ACT (for undergraduate programs) and GRE or GMAT (for graduate programs). Admission decision is based on your academic results and motivation.
Most graduate students are able to finance their education with a variety of financial assistance tools specific to graduate school:
* Graduate Assistantships: Funded by individual departments and graduate programs, teaching, research and graduate assistantships are awarded based on a student's ability and promise.
* Graduate Fellowships
* Loans: Loans are available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have successfully applied for financial assistance
* Traineeships: Traineeships are offered through the university or departments that have federally supported traineeships.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.