Photos of university / #kozminskiuniversity
Kozminski University is an internationally renowned private business school located in Warsaw – the very heart of Europe. The only such institution in Central and Eastern Europe which is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and listed within the prestigious ”Financial Times” rankings. We offer recognized Bachelor, MSc, MBA, and PhD programs in business management and finance. In 2015 the Kozminski University Master’s Program in Management ranked 42nd in the ”Financial Times” Global Masters in Management Ranking, our EMBA program was listed 61st among the top Executive MBA programs in the world and the University ranked 45th in Europe in the European Business Schools Ranking. The Master’s Program in Finance was ranked 18th in the world also in 2015. Kozminski University is in a league of its own in terms of quality and prestige. Our course offerings have a unique international flavor; they are taught entirely in English by an international faculty with degrees and teaching experience from prestigious universities throughout the world as well as practitioners of business, law and public administration. Our students come from more than 60 nationalities, creating a truly international atmosphere that enables them to experience the richness of various cultures blended together with our own and unique “Kozminski Way”.
International partnerships with more than 200 educational institutions in the world allow our students to study in several countries during one study program, participate in exchange programs with some of the most prestigious business schools worldwide or obtain a double degree.
History of Kozminski University
- March 1993 - Minister of Education entered the School of Entrepreneurship and Management in the register of non-state universities.
- October 1993 - The University obtained the right to education at the undergraduate majoring in management and marketing.
- 1996 - The power to conduct consistent and complementary degree majoring in management and marketing.
- 1997 - Eligibility to undergraduate majoring in finance and banking.
- 1998 - The decision to launch a new field of study: administration. The Central Commission for Scientific Titles and Degrees awarded the University the right to confer the degree of doctor of economic sciences in the field of management science.
- 1999 - European Foundation for Management Development EFMD awarded EQUIS accreditation Kozminski University - European Quality Improvement (European Quality Improvement System). KU was the 16th business school in Europe to be accredited by EQUIS.
- 2000 - Decision of the Bureau of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Polish Kozminski Academy was granted the status of university membership CRASP, as the only non-public university in this group.
- 2001 - Kozminski Academy gained the power to conduct a five-year master's programs in law and the powers to pursue graduate studies in finance and banking.
- 2002 - Eligibility to graduate majoring in administration.
- 2003 - Eligibility to higher professional studies in sociology. Decision of the Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management. Kozminski University was granted the rights issue the postdoctoral degree in economic sciences in the discipline of management science.
- 2004 - The psychology of management and European studies programs are launched. Kozminski Academy is granted rights for doctoral studies in management.
- 2005 - The University received the confirmation for unconditional accreditation of EQUIS - the European Quality Improvement System.
- 2006 - Professor Witold ceremony of conferring an honorary doctorate Kieżun Kozminski Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management. Kozminski University (Poland's first honorary doctorate awarded by the University nonpublic).
- 2008 - The Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles decided to grant the Academy of Management and Entrepreneurship Kozminski authority to confer the degree of doctor of economic sciences in the discipline of economics. Moreover, the university has been accredited by AMBA for MBA programs. The minister of Science and Higher Education gave the university permission to conduct second degree in sociology and changed the name of the university from Academy of Management and Entrepreneurship Kozminski to Kozminski University.
- 2009 – Kozminski University received authorization to conduct studies I and II degree in economics. In addition, the Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles decided to grant permission Kozminski University to award the degree of Doctor of Law in the discipline of law.
- 2013 – Kozminski University obtained the rights to award PhD degrees in the field of finance.
In 1999 Kozminski University was the first business school in Central and Eastern Europe to receive EQUIS accreditation. In 2005 the accreditation was extended to the full, unconditional one. Kozminski University was also the first business school in Central and Eastern Europe accredited by AACSB (since 2011), AMBA, and CEEMAN. Kozminski University is also the only business school in Poland accredited with distinction by National Accreditation Committee. In addition, the university is a full member of ELFA (European Law Faculties Association) and EUA (European University Association).
Kozminski University has been highly ranked by a number of international and domestic university rankings.
Financial Times rankings
- European Business Schools 43rd in 2018 (41st in 2014, 37th in 2013, 37th in 2012).
- Masters in Finance Pre-experience 17th in 2018 (15th in 2017, 18th in 2016, 21st in 2014, 19th in 2013, 21st in 2012).
- Masters in Management 20th in 2018 (35th in 2014, 25th in 2013, 28th in 2012).
- Global EMBA 74th in 2018 (68th in 2017, 72nd in 2016).
Ranks among the best 1,000 business schools in 154 countries by region and country. Kozminski University International Business School holds 2nd place in 2018 with four palms as "Top Business School With Significant International Influence" (2nd in 2013, 2nd in 2012, 2nd in 2011).
Kozminski's 3.4 hectare campus consists of four buildings (A,B, C and D) with a total area of approximately 20,000 square meters. It is located in Praga Północ a north-eastern district of Warsaw. The school has 6 large auditoriums (each seating between 100 and 200 people) as well as 26 classrooms (seating 50 to 100 people) and 24 workshop classrooms (seating up to 50 people). Larger classrooms and all auditoriums possess audio-visual equipment. The school owns 5 seminar and discussion group rooms, as well as a Senate Hall (seating 120 people), 4 computer labs and 2 server rooms.
The 3 cafeterias are available for faculty and students and are located on the premises as well as a bookstore, 2 photocopying offices, 5 coffee machines, a cash machine, a post office, 5 student organization offices and 3 guest apartments for visiting faculty members. Furthermore, there are 98 fully equipped faculty and administration offices.
Why should you choose Kozminski University?
The choice of a university is one of the most important decisions that you make during your life time. The best choice is always one which allows students to learn with an international scope of the chosen field of studies and obtain a degree confirmed by prestigious accreditations. Internationalization is the most important element of our strategy, confirmed by the highest notes in national and international rankings. In terms of both quality and prestige Kozminski University is unmatched on the Polish and Central and Eastern European markets.
- 400 faculty members
- Accredited by AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA