Photos of university / #lancasteruni
This programme provides advanced study of accounting and financial management. It enables graduates of accounting and finance, as well as professionally qualified accountants, to take stock of what they have learnt, and helps them extend their academic training. You will gain the theoretical framework and skills needed to cope with the increasingly complex and global nature of the field.
Many MSc graduates have progressed to senior positions in the accounting profession and industry, including investment banking. Others are now faculty members in universities in the UK and throughout the world.
- Financial Markets
- Foundations of Finance
- Principles of Financial Reporting
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Financial Markets
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Advanced Investment Management
- Financial Reporting for Complex Entities
- Derivatives Pricing
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Fixed Income Markets
- Financial Econometrics
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Behavioural Finance
- Risk Management in Commercial Banking
- Professional Ethics: Standards in Finance and Accounting Practice
- Financial Data Platforms
Entry requirements: 2:1 (UK Hons) degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other business-related subject. Graduates in non-business areas with strong quantitative elements may also be considered. It is recommended that your previous studies have covered the following modules: Maths, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Quants, Calculus, Econometrics, Micro and Macro Economics, Physics, Linear Algebra.
We may consider non-standard applicants, please contact us for further information.
IELTS: Overall score of at least 7.0, with no individual element below 6.0