Photos of university / #yeshiva_university
The Master of Science in Accounting Program is designed for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in accounting or another business discipline and wishes to become a CPA in New York State.
The program assists in the transition from undergraduate accounting program to the CPA exam and professional practice by offering:
- Courses that combine the theory and practical knowledge of advanced accounting topics and important related fields
- Instructors who understand the importance of developing your professional knowledge and skills
- Classmates who, like you, are preparing to enter a professional accounting career
- Accounting Information Systems
- Advanced Taxation: Contemporary Topics in Tax
- Advanced Taxation: Deferred Compensation and Employee Benefits
- Advanced Taxation: Taxation of S Corps
- Advanced Taxation: State Income Tax
- Business Ethics
- Business Leadership
- Contemporary Topics in Accounting
- Hedge Funds and Alternative Investment Strategies
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Forensic Accounting
- Governmental & Not-For-Profit Accounting
- Individual Taxation
- State Income Tax
- Taxation of Entities
Students who graduated from the Sy Syms School of Business with an Accounting degree, must complete 24 credits during the fall and spring semesters and be granted six transfer credits for Federal Income Tax I and II.
Students who did not attend the Sy Syms School of Business or anyone who may have attended Sy Syms but did not major in Accounting will be required to take six credits of taxation from the above list. Classes taken will depend upon a review of the transcript by the admissions committee. These classes may require an additional summer semester to complete.
Students who do not have an undergraduate degree in accounting but in another business discipline will be required to take courses in accounting during the summer(s) to satisfy New York State Licensure Requirements. Once your application is received, your transcript will be evaluated to create a schedule that will address your specifc needs.
PLEASE NOTE: The Sy Syms School of Business' Master of Science in Accounting Program is registered in the state of New York and fulfills the educational requirements set forth by the state for licensure. If you intend to sit for or be licensed in another state, you are strongly advised to contact that state's Board of Accountancy as its requirements may differ.
- Transcripts: All transcripts, both undergraduate and graduate school (if applicable), must be submitted by the school(s), or by World Education Services for anyone who obtained a degree outside the United States.
- GMAT: For students whose college GPA is below 3.2.
- TOEFL: For students who received a bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking institution.
- Recommendations: Two letters of recommendation are required (please use attached forms). At least one letter must be from a university instructor with whom you have studied.
- Resume: Please attach a current resume.