Photos of university / #websteru
The Webster Mission
Webster University, a worldwide institution, ensures high quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence. As a strong, truly global university, Webster will provide uniquely global experiences, which prepare our students to lead as global citizens. Our themes and objectives integrate academics and operations in innovative ways to achieve excellence in our programs, services, and graduates.
Webster has an extraordinary history that reflects a commitment to serving people who may not otherwise have access to quality education. Also see the Webster University Archives in the Emerson Library.
Founded in 1915: in St. Louis, Missouri, by Sisters of Loretto, a Catholic religious organization, Webster College (originally named Loretto College) was one of the first Catholic women's colleges west of the Mississippi River. It was progressive for its time, providing higher education to women.
Required Application Documents:
1. Application: There are two options for Undergraduate Application: Webster's Online Portal or the Common Application. There is a $35 required application fee.
2. Proof of English Proficiency: If English is not your first language, students will need to submit proof of English skill. If you do not meet English requirements, you can still be admitted as ESL-Contingent and take ESL courses. We accept a variety of test scores:
- TOEFL PBT 550
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- IELTS: 6.0
- Pearson: 53
3. Official Transcripts: To be official, the transcript should be sent directly from your school to Webster University in a sealed envelope. If the transcript is not in English, a certified translation must be provided. International students may be eligible for International Transfer Credits.
4. Essay or Resume: 300-500 word essay on a topic of your choice.
5. Two Letters of Recommendation
6. Certificate of Finance: The U.S. government requires students to provide proof of financial support for at least 1 year for both education and living expenses. Financial documents must be original and dated no more than 6 months before the start of your studies. Learn more about acceptable financial documents in the Admissions FAQs.
7. Copy of Passport ID Page
8. Specialty Programs have additional admission requirements. These programs include Art, Music, all School of Education programs, and more. Your admission counselor will contact you with details.
Be Yourself. Find a Community.
Whether it's a roommate, a classmate, a teammate or a fellow Webster student you meet while studying abroad – these people develop life long friendships and create an extremely unique experience only at Webster University.
A Collaborative and Supportive Environment
A complete college experience can't be contained in just a classroom. It's so much more. Every Webster campus provides a wide range of activities, events and organizations that shape your daily life. Many resources are available to enable students to connect with the programs and activities – from publications and online resources to professionals offering academic advice, counseling and other helpful services.
Reflecting a Unique Culture
Every Webster campus is a unique reflection on the community and culture. From the historic home campus near St. Louis and U.S. campuses to network of location in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Global. Action-oriented. Academically excellent.
You are unique, so is Webster. From our historic Webster Groves campus to locations worldwide, every Webster University campus is inviting and personal — with an esteemed student-focused faculty. Our programs are flexible and our reach is global; both our students and faculty are from around the world creating a diverse learning environment.
Learn what makes Webster as unique as you are — and how we can provide the quality education, personal attention, diverse community, and global experience you are looking for.
Distinctive student experience
- Students experience an ideal, student-centered environment with small classes and personalized learning
- Students attend from across the United States and from more than 100 countries
- Diversity and inclusion are core values—we offer a welcoming environment
- Distinguished faculty members offer the right balance of global scholarship and professional experience
- Travel awards available – your opportunity to travel to worldwide Webster locations with Webster faculty and students
- Global feature in academic programs. Globalized curriculum is our distinctive hallmark
- Academic programs engage your mind and stimulate your understanding beyond your home country and culture
- Every student experiences a global learning component
- Every student is exposed to a worldwide network of fellow students who live, work and study around the U.S., Europe, Africa and Asia
- Learn in class today and apply it in real life tomorrow
- Five schools and colleges: Arts & Sciences; Business & Technology; Communications; Education; and Fine Arts
Distinctive campuses and network
- The beautiful and vibrant home campus located in Webster Groves offers undergraduate and graduate programs
- Students are able to create a unique experience based on each Webster University campus location while being assured of consistent academic quality at each location in each program
- A global reach with locations around the world and online—offers quality, convenience and access to learning
- Webster Groves/St. Louis is one node in the worldwide network. Ideas, academic content and contact with students and faculty are constant and free flowing throughout the Webster network
A global, inclusive, private, nonprofit university
With its home campus in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, Webster University comprises an action-oriented global network of faculty, staff, students and alumni who forge powerful bonds with each other and with their communities around the globe. Founded in 1915, Webster is a private non-profit university with more than 14,000 students studying at campus locations in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa and in a robust learning environment online. The university is committed to ensuring high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.
Webster University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, hlcommission.org • 800.621.7440.
Our mission is bold, and appropriate for these times: Webster University, a worldwide institution, ensures high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.