Photos of university / #uoftmississauga
Astronomy, of all the sciences, is perhaps the most wide-ranging in its content and in its implications. It embraces such topics as the origin and evolution of the planets, stars, galaxies and the whole universe; the conditions for the origin of life on earth and elsewhere; the behaviour of matter in environments never experienced on earth, and in general, the influence of the universe on mankind's thinking down through the ages. Because of its breadth, it has always formed a valuable part of a general education.
Astronomy offers courses that could be of interest to every student at U of T Mississauga. Four of these are introductory courses: AST101H5, 110H5, 201H5, 252H5.
AST101H5 and AST201H5 are both intended for students from outside the sciences, while AST 110H5 and AST252H5 are designed for students who have some background in science.
- AST101H5 introduces students to the historical background of astronomy and continues through to the modern discoveries about the solar system and the development of modern telescopes and observatories, both on the ground and in space.
- AST110H5 provides an introduction to observing and analysis.
- AST201H5 surveys the structure and evolution of the stars, galaxies, and the universe as a whole.
- AST252H5 is a unique interdisciplinary course that examines the broad topics of the origin and evolution of the universe, galaxies, stars, planets, and life. This course is intended for students who have some background in the sciences.
|First Year||AST110H5; MAT102H5, 135Y5/137Y5/157Y5, 223H5/240H5; (PHY136H5,137H5)/(146H5,147H5)|
|Second Year||AST221H1(G), 222H1(G); MAT244H5, 232H5/233H5, 236H5; PHY241H5, PHY242H5/JCP221H5, PHY245H5|
|Third Year||AST320H1(G); JCP321H5; JCP322H5/one 300/400-level half-course approved by the faculty advisor.|
- Attestat o Srednem (Polnom) Obshchem Obrazovanii
- Official and complete transcripts for your secondary school studies and notarized English translations of all documents issued in a language other than English or French are required.
- IELTS The minimum requirement is an overall band of 6.5, with no band below 6.0.
- TOEFL Internet-based Test: total score of 100 + 22 on Writing; Paper-based Test:total score of 600 + 5.0 on TWE