Photos of university / #regentsunilondon
With advances in modern technology, today's marketplace is becoming more and more global. Companies that once confined their work to a local market are now doing business with suppliers and customers around the world. To remain competitive, these companies are increasingly turning to leaders with relevant knowledge, experience and training in international business practices.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in International Business is designed to provide students with the experience and education necessary for careers in national as well as international organizations. The program is distinguished by its emphasis on business in an international context, yet it is unmistakably American. The technologically enriched curriculum is designed to enhance written communication and oral presentation skills.
The BBA also provides a foundation for students who wish to pursue an advanced degree at the Master's level. The BBA degree meets the lower-levels requirement (180 credits) of the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
This program is designed to provide students with:
- Career entry-level competencies, understandings, knowledge bases and skills in the core functional areas of management, including accounting, finance, economics, quantitative methods, production and operations management, communication and leadership, marketing, and organizational behavior.
- Specialized competencies, understandings, knowledge bases and skills, through program concentrations, elective classes as well as majors, in relevant business fields such as marketing, management, and information systems.
- Additional applied-management development opportunities through faculty-supervised internships and work experience.
- A rich program of co-curricular activities such as special speakers, forums, field trips and study tours to enhance their entry-level competencies, understandings, knowledge bases and skills.
- A robust program of faculty-based academic advising in order to ensure effective degree program progress and facilitate student integration into the educational programs of the school.
The BBA in International Business can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a/an:
- International Business Consultant
- Production & Operations Executive
- Human Resource Executive
- Investments & Portfolio Executive
- Import/Export Executive
- International Financial Services Executive
- International Money & Banking Adviser
- International Marketing Executive
- International Sales Executive
- General Manager
- Advertising Manager
* Additional experience and/or education may be required for some positions.
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The BBA in International Business features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. Key topics covered in this degree program include principles of financial accounting, business communications, micro- and macroeconomics, leadership, ethics, and marketing.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- EUR 14220 Year (EEA)
- EUR 14520 Year (Non-EEA)
13.5 or 15 credit (3 classes, 1 quarter) £4170 UK students and £4260 Non-home studentsStart date January,March,July,October 2015 Duration full-time 36 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- Art Appreciation 4.5
- Topics in Cultural Studies 4.5
- Introduction to Computers 4.5
- English Composition I 4.5
- English Composition II 4.5
- College Algebra 4.5
- Presentation Essentials 4.5
- Aspects of Psychology 4.5
- Sociology 4.5
- Biology - or -
- Environmental Science 4.5
- General Education Electives (2)
LOWER DIVISION CORE
- Introduction to Business 4.5
- Legal and Ethical Environment of Business 4.5
- Microeconomics 4.5
- Macroeconomics 4.5
- Principles of Accounting I 4.5
- Principles of Marketing 4.5
- Decision Making and Communication 4.5
- Introduction to International Business 4.5
- Electronic Business 4.5
- Project Management 4.5
- Entrepreneurship 4.5
- Business Management and Leadership 4.5
UPPER DIVISION CORE
- International Legal and Ethical Issues in Business 4.5
- Quantitative Methods and Analysis 4.5
- Managerial Accounting 4.5
- International Organizations 4.5
- Financial Management 4.5
- Professional Business Development 4.5
- Global Leadership and Management 4.5
- International Marketing 4.5
- International Financial Management 4.5
- International Trade Operations 4.5
- Global Operations Management 4.5
- International Entrepreneurship 4.5
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 CAE score : 60(Grade C) TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
To be considered for admission, first-time students and transfer applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit a complete application for admission.
- For prospective students who reside in North or South America or the Caribbean Region and who are applying through the AIU Admissions Office located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, an application fee of US $50 is required. For other international applicants who reside outside these regions and who apply through the Admissions Office in London, an application fee of GB£35 is required.
- Submit attestation of high school graduation or its equivalent.
- Participate in an admission interview arranged by an AIU Admission Advisor.
- Non-native English-speaking prospective students are required to provide proof of English proficiency (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS or other approved English-proficiency assessment) prior to admission or upon arrival in London. Applicants should consult an AIU London Admissions Advisor for full details and English-proficiency requirements before applying to AIU London.
English Proficiency and English as a Second Language
Prospective students whose first language is not English are required to provide proof of English proficiency prior to admission. Accepted methods for the demonstration of English proficiency at AIU include but are not limited to:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score (on the paper test) of 500 or higher
- TOEFL score (on the computerbased test) of 173 or higher
- TOEFL score (on the internetbased test) of 61 or higher
- Advanced Placement International English Language (APIEL) score of 3 or higher
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.5 or higher
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) score of 73 or higher
- University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate Certificate of Advanced English (UCLES CAE) grade of A, B or C
- University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate Certificate of Proficiency in English (UCLES CPE) grade of A, B or C
- British GCSE/Ordinary (O) orAdvanced (A and AS) Level examinations in the Subject of English grade of A, B or C
- Successful completion of acollege-level English course (agrade of C or better) taken at anaccredited, English speaking postsecondary institution
- Graduation from an Englishspeaking secondary institution
- ESL instruction based onUniversity evaluation
- Level 109 or higher on the ESLLanguage Centers
- Level 107 or higher EF Language
- Centerso Alternative measures of Englishproficiency may be determined with Academic approval.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than American InterContinental University.
AIU offers several scholarship and grants options. For more information see the link section "financial aid" and their catalogue.