The dramatic global economic events at the end of 2008 have created an environment that requires different types of leaders and managers. Nottingham Business Schools MBA has been redesigned* in 2009 to meet the new challenges posed by a globalised, unpredictable and volatile business environment.
The distinctive three dimensional Nottingham Business School MBA integrated curriculum combines a learning environment where students can critically engage with the latest management knowledge. This begins with an intensive foundational knowledge base across all the management and business subject areas in the first term, to a more in-depth study of strategic issues in the elective period in the second term and an individual business or dissertation project at the final stage. Built into the learning process at each stage is an engagement with executives and companies and their real business dilemmas, problems and issues. Running alongside and aligned to the taught programme is a Personal and Professional Development Programme (PPD), real in-company consultancies forevery student and the Entrepreneurship in Action and New Venture Creation activity. The Nottingham Business School MBA begins with a two week intensive induction programme.
There are eight core modules:
* The Strategy Dimension
* Managing the Marketing Dimension
* Managing Information and Knowledge Dimension
* Managing the People Dimension
* Managing the Financial Dimension
* Managing the Economic Dimension
* Managing the Operational Dimension
* Business Research Methods
Electives provide a more strategic, in-depth study of the subject.
International Consultancy / Business Project:
Students travel to another country to undertake an in-company international consultancy project (visas permitting) or an internationally focused project within the UK.
Entrepreneurship in Action Developing Your Own Business:
The Entrepreneurship in Action module prepares students to develop a business idea, testing it through market research, preparing a business plan, critically exploring different ways of raising capital and analysing the risks and then finally presenting the business idea to a panel for constructive evaluation.
Major Individual Business Project / Dissertation:
This is a major individual piece of work.
There are two options:
* Option 1 Business Project Students are briefed on available business projects for investigation and select those in which they are interested. They then pass through a formal application and selection process. Nottingham Business School holds requests for business projects from its corporate clients.
* Option 2- Dissertation Students identify a relevant management topic to investigate and conduct their own primary research with the support of their supervisor.
The Personal and Professional Development Programme:
The PPD programme develops professional, strategic transferable skills that students can deploy in the workplace and begin the journey of life-long learning.
The Career Management Programme (CMP):
The Career Management Programme helps students develop key skills for managing their careers. Students are assisted to determine the right career path, develop a job search strategy, reassess their career objectives, identify career options and job opportunities, learn how to write CVs and cover letters, receive coaching on interview techniques, learn how to negotiate offers and be introduced to psychometric testing.
International Exchanges, International Study Tours:
International exchanges and study tours are open to our full-time Nottingham Business School MBA students. Nottingham Business School enjoys an array of international partnerships with leading international business schools.
* A first degree (normally 2:1) or an equivalent professional or academic qualification. * Maths and English GCSE or equivalent. * A period of professional work experience minimum three years. * If your first language is not English you are required to pass a language proficiency test. English Language Requirements IELTS band: 6.5 CAE score: (read more) Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever. 75 (Grade B) TOEFL paper-based test score : 560 IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. The IELTS test is most widely accepted by universities and is also accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK- learn more.