Photos of university / #sheffhallamuni
The DBA focuses on organisation and management. It allows you to make a difference to the way that management and professional practice is developed.
It is for those who are enthusiastic about learning and want the opportunity to become a recognised contributor to management thinking and advanced professional practice.
It is the natural choice for those who want to pursue their academic, personal and career development while practising as managers or senior professionals.
Grounded in evidence based research and a full doctoral thesis, equivalent in status to the PhD, this is the highest achievable qualification in higher education.
The course is suitable for international students with current students from
* West Indies
When you complete the programme you will
* have made a contribution to the theory and practice of management in your profession
* be capable of rigorous business and management research
* be able to consider management and professional problems from many perspectives
* be able to assess your own insights and impact as a manager
* continue to build on your learning through working as a reflective practitioner
Associated careersThis DBA is a development of existing programmes in the Faculty. Members of the existing DBA include senior managers and professionals from a range of national and international backgrounds, including o their own companies o government departments o universities o the police force o financial services.
* philosophies of research in business and management
* leadership and organisation
* contemporary issues in organisation and management
* research design and execution
Years three and four
* fieldwork and thesis
AssessmentContinuous assessment and a detailed research proposal. We assess your research through your thesis.
Normally you must
* have an MBA, or masters qualification in a relevant area
* be pursuing, or have pursued, a significant career in professional or business areas that fall within the research interests of the Faculty of Organisation and Management
* display evidence of your potential to develop work of doctoral standard
* demonstrate a high level of written and verbal fluency in English. Applicants whose first language is not English must show evidence of IELTS 7, or TOEFL test minimum mark, paper-based 620 or computer-based 260 is the standard for non-native speakers of English
Exceptionally, we may consider applicants without a masters degree who
* have a good first degree in an appropriate discipline
* have at least three years´ management or professional experience that reflects the research interests of the faculty
* can demonstrate continued development/education since graduation
English Language RequirementsIELTS band: 7 TOEFL paper-based test score : 620
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
The IELTS test is most widely accepted by universities and is also accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK- learn more.