Photos of university / #gwuniversity
The master of science in business analytics (M.S.B.A.) degree program is designed for students with quantitative backgrounds looking to gain a competitive edge before entering the job market as well as those working in the field and looking to further develop their skills.
The curriculum is a blend of foundational courses in descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics; elective courses in analytics applied to a specific functional area or industry; workshops in communication, team, and project management; and hands-on exposure to industry-standard analytics tools/software. The program culminates in a project whereby students work in teams on an actual industry-related problem and present their findings to the client firm.
The program is offered in an intensive 16-month format for full-time students and a two-year, part-time format for working professionals.
The following requirements must be fulfilled: 33 credits, including 25.5 credits in required courses and 7.5 credits in elective courses.
|DNSC 6201||Introduction to Business Analytics|
|DNSC 6203||Statistics for Analytics I|
|DNSC 6206||Stochastic Fndn: Prob Models|
|DNSC 6210||Decision and Risk Analytics|
|DNSC 6211||Programming for Analytics|
|DNSC 6212||Optimization Methods and Applications|
|DNSC 6213||Statistics for Analytics II|
|DNSC 6216||Business Analytics Skills Workshops|
|DNSC 6217||Business Analytics Practicum|
|DNSC 6219||Time Series Forecasting for Analytics|
|DNSC 6279||Data Mining|
|ISTM 6212||Data Management for Analytics|
|7.5 credits in elective courses selected in consultation with the advisor.|
- 4-Year Bachelor Degree
- Completed Online Application: With $75 non-refundable application fee.
- Current Résumé: Uploaded through the online application system. Resumes should highlight any academic or professional experience related to analytics.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: From professional and/or academic references.
- Statement of Career Objective: In no more than 500 words, describe your career objectives and how the MSBA program will help you meet those objectives.
- Include a photocopy of the biographic/identification page of your passport with your application.
- Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0.
- TOEFL: 600 on paper-based or 100 on Internet-based.
- PTE Academic: 68.
- Official GMAT Score or GRE Score
- Graduate Fellowships & Assistantships