The BA in Business (Tourism) is part of the last generation programme that was updated through the University's recent quinqenial review, with the aim of structuring Business Studies around contemporary business processes, rather than traditional thematic areas largely devised in the academic world alone. Apart from dealing with business processes, which encapsulate the full range of managerial activities, the successful candidate will
gain a complete view and an holistic perspective of the aspects of the Tourism Industry with special regard to in-depth understanding of Tourism Management concepts, International Business, the development of Tourism Policies, Marketing in the Tourism industry and all knowledge necessary to excel in the highly competitive and ever-expanding business world.
Work within organisations associated with the tourism industry, such as travel and tour operators, hotel management, and tourism planning and marketing in both Greece and abroad, as well as, in administrative positions in businesses and organizations.
- Personal and Professional Development
- Introduction to Business Processes
- Business Planning and Development
- Context and Regulatory Framework of Business
- Managing the Performance of Individuals
- Career Development
- Creativity and Business Decision Making
- Value Chain Management
- Management and Information Systems
- Managing Strategy
- Tourism Policy and Development
- Tourism Merketing and Strategy
- International Business Management
The BA in Business (Tourism) is a 3-year full-time course, taught exclusively in the English language. Courses are offered within a two term period, with two exam periods in May and August. All courses are delivered during the weekday evenings to accommodate the needs of working students
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you to
take an IELTS test. More About IELTS
The admissions process involves a comprehensive review of your academic background, test scores, application essay, recommendations, and activities both in school and in your community.
All candidates for undergraduate admission must submit the following:
- Application for Admission to Undergraduate Study
- Personal statement/essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
- Official transcripts of all college work, including non-credit course work, if any, and for transfer students.
- International students should consult the International Students section.
English Language Requirement
Students are required to have a good standard of English before starting any program. For students whose native language is not English, NYC requires a minimum of TOEFL score of 197 (computer based test), IELTS 6.0, or a recognized equivalent.
All non-native English speakers who do not possess any of the above-mentioned certificates, will be required to take an English language placement test, which is offered at NYC free of charge.
Students that have attained Cambridge Proficiency or TOEFL score of 197 or higher are exempt from the placement test and may enroll full-time
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than New York College.