Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Systems Analysis, Data Communications, Database Systems Software Engineering, E-Commerce and Web Design, Object-Oriented Programming (Java and/or Visual Basic) as well as a basic understanding of Microprocessor Design and Design of computing Languages
- Analyze, implement and manage computer systems in their technical and managerial dimensions.
- Understand and apply the theories and principles of systems design in real-life hardware and software projects.
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program.
- Explain the principles and theories of ethical decision-making and their practical implications in the everyday conduct of business.
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the fields of programming, software engineering and IT systems support and administration.
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound technical and managerial decisions;
- numeric and quantitative skills including data analysis and interpretation as well as deep understanding of mathematics, essential for computer science professionals;
- effective use of communication and information technology for business applications;
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behaviour, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise;
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business.
Computer Science graduates may be employed in the professional fields of computer systems programming, software engineering, networks support and administration, database design and management, systems analysis and testing, Internet and web design and more.
The role is most often challenging, varied and exciting. Given the paramount role of computer systems in business applications, computer science professionals form an essential part of the technical and managerial staff of the contemporary private or public organisation.
Our Computer Science graduates have found jobs in programming, telecommunications management, software engineering, technical support and administration and systems design, primarily in the service sector (telecommunications providers, web development firms, financial services etc.)
Detailed Course Facts
Tuition per credit: : 261 International fee: 730 annually *Albanian Students pay 365 annually
Not specified Start date October 2015 Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Delivery mode On Campus Educational variant Full-time
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study.
Further Study Options
At New York College: The BS in Computer Science provides the opportunity to graduates to enroll to the MSc in Internet Engineering and Web Management or MBA in Management of Information Systems both offered at New York College. Most students choose to combine work with postgraduate studies in one of our MSc/MBA programs.
At Institutions Abroad: The entry qualifications for graduate studies differ from university to university; however the SUNY/Empire State College degree is accepted by most universities in the U.S. and all in the U.K. Popular universities usually require in addition to the degree a GPA higher than 3.0. If you are interested for study abroad opportunities, contact your advisor early on your studies with us, and through our Student Affairs Department come in contact with our alumni who continued their studies abroad.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you to
take an IELTS test. More About IELTS
The admissions process involves a comprehensive review of your academic background, test scores, application essay, recommendations, and activities both in school and in your community.
All candidates for undergraduate admission must submit the following:
- Application for Admission to Undergraduate Study
- Personal statement/essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
- Official transcripts of all college work, including non-credit course work, if any, and for transfer students.
- International students should consult the International Students section.
English Language Requirement
Students are required to have a good standard of English before starting any program. For students whose native language is not English, NYC requires a minimum of TOEFL score of 197 (computer based test), IELTS 6.0, or a recognized equivalent.
All non-native English speakers who do not possess any of the above-mentioned certificates, will be required to take an English language placement test, which is offered at NYC free of charge.
Students that have attained Cambridge Proficiency or TOEFL score of 197 or higher are exempt from the placement test and may enroll full-time.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than New York College.