This program prepares students for the technology jobs of the future. Information security is the practice of ensuring the confidentiality, availability or integrity of a system. Digital forensics courses will provide students with a comprehensive understanding of digital forensics investigation tools and techniques, and the collection, preservation, and analysis of digital evidence. Graduates will have an in-depth understanding of threats, risks, and attacks, and the technologies, policies and procedures to mitigate information system threats.
Graduates of this Program will be able to:
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation and maintenance of relational databases.
- Collaborate with constituents to establish the information technology needs of a business and plan an appropriate solution and procurement strategy.
- Demonstrate the use of project management techniques within an appropriate system analysis and design life cycle framework to develop an information system.
- Solve a variety of business problems through the application of structured program analysis and design concepts.
- Apply ethical decision-making models in the information technology environment.
- Protect information assets through the implementation of security models and standards.
Detailed Course Facts
per credit: $226
Not specified Start date October 2015 Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Delivery mode Online Educational variant Full-time Intensity Flexible Structure Fully structured Teacher support Continuous support with feedback on request
The minimum duration of this program is four (4) years.
- Year round classes allow you to finish your degree quickly.
- Online courses can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere there is an internet connection.
- Highly qualified faculty provide instruction in theory and practice.
- Free online tutoring in select subject areas.
- Access to qualified local professors and academic support services.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you to
take an IELTS test. More About IELTS
- Complete an application for admission.
- Provide evidence of completion of secondary-level education.
- Demonstrate English proficiency: TOEFL 500 or IELTS 5.0.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than New York College.