Photos of university / #eka_estonian_academy_of_arts
Contemporary Art MA programme's online info session on 3rd of February 2021 at 17:00 (GMT+2). More info and registration: www.artun.ee/en.
The two-year Contemporary Art MA programme offers:
- Author-focused tutoring for contemporary artists
- Local and visiting artists, curators, philosophers, theorists and gallerists working with students
- Individual freedom to design one’s own curriculum, within a diverse programme that offers theoretical tools and practical training
- The option to develop one’s art practice through the studios of sound art, lens-based art, installation, and sculpture, graphic art, and painting
- Individual and group tutorials, cross-faculty group critique sessions
- Commitment to developing and profounding conceptual and social ideas in an individual art practice
- A critical discursive environment for discussions about making, displaying and thinking about contemporary art and contemporary society
- Flexible studio spaces and workshops in a new building of the Academy
- Access to technical workshops across the Academy, with specialists to assist all students projects: virtual prototyping and 3D printing studios, traditional and digital print workshops, analog and digital darkrooms, photo studio, sound recording and filming studios, wood and metal workshops, modern black box, and the monumental sculpture studio
- A continuous programme of off-site events, study trips, exhibitions
- Opportunities for exhibitions in galleries, museums, study trips and collaboration with different art institutions and universities and exchange programs (KUNO, DAMA, ERASMUS)
EKA offers a well-rounded and multifaceted approach to learning. Contemporary art, criticism and theory, author-based architecture, innovative and skill-based design, animation and stage art, curatorial practices are combined for thorough interdisciplinary studies. Here, you can be part of making something that really matters. Your artistic impact would be noticed and would make an impact.
Estonia is small; all important connections and resources are within arm’s length. We cooperate closely with Tallinn Technical University, Tallinn University, and the Estonian Music Academy. We arrange art events and exhibitions with the Estonian Contemporary Art Museum, Kumu Art Museum, Tallinn Art Hall and the Artists’ Association’s Galleries in the city center. It is easy to access the different political, commercial, social, educational institutions.
Do not hesitate to apply if: The development of your individual artistic practice is important for you. If the processes in society matter to you and you are passionate about your surroundings. If you like to think, imagine, create and dream. If you are motivated and ambitious, dedicated and enthusiastic, have creative confidence and critical thinking.
- Problems of 20th-21st century philosophy
- Art & theory
- Questions of contemporary art 1
- Group crit
- Visiting practice
- Studio project 1
- Artistic research
- Optional subject
- Questions of contemporary art 2
- Curatorial project
- Installation practice
- Studio project 2
- Academic writing
- Creative industries
- Questions of contemporary art 3
- Work discourse
- MA seminar
- Student study group
- Optional subject
- Studio project 3
- Presentation techniques 1
- MA thesis
The admission deadline for international applicants is March 1, 2021.
- Application (submitted through Dream Apply between 01.02–01.03.2021)
- 50€ application fee (paid via bank transfer)
- Copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and its translation into Estonian or English (both, copies and translations have to be attested by notary).
- Copy of your Transcript of Records (and translation into Estonian or English; both copy and translation must be attested by notary).
- Certificate of foreign language skills, see the requirements HERE
- Copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card
- Motivation letter (max 500 words)
- Portfolio (as digital/PDF) of at least 7 works, max 20Mb
- Outline describing the scope of your MA project/s in terms of media, approach and concept (max 500 words)
More information about admission requirements: https://www.artun.ee/en/admissions/masters/admissions/