Photos of university / #uofglasgow
Recognising the challenge for politicians, policy makers and practitioners in the criminal justice, and criminal law fields, the MSc/PgDip in Criminology & Criminal Justice addresses the complex problems that crime poses for contemporary societies.
* MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
* PgDip 9 months full-time; 21 months part-time
You will be well equipped for careers in public, private and third sector agencies concerned with crime prevention and community safety.
The programme provides an excellent professional development choice for social workers and social work managers, prison governors or officers, police officers and lawyers.
You will take core courses in criminological theory; criminal justice systems and processes; and research design and methodology. You also have the opportunity to take optional courses from a range of subject areas. In addition, the MSc programme requires you to produce a dissertation on a subject of your choice.
* Understanding and explaining crime
* Research and enquiry in crime and criminal justice.
Optional courses include
* Punishment and penology
* Crime, media and popular culture
* Rehabilitation and desistance from crime
* The global criminal economy
* Managing and controlling crime
* Women and girls in crime and justice
* International trafficking in cultural objects.