Photos of university / #nuigalway
The programme content is aimed at preparing graduates for marketing positions in business, particularly in the area of Digital Marketing.
Therefore the programme will assist students to
- become knowledgeable about a range of Marketing subjects to an advanced level;
- understand how marketing objectives can be achieved through the use of digital technologies;
- develop analytical, oral and written presentation skills;
- acquire and be able to use accepted research methodologies;
- demonstrate your Digital Marketing specialism to prospective employers via an industry based research dissertation.
Semester 1 Obligatory Subjects
- Digital Marketing
- Advanced Topics in Digital Marketing Practice
- Research Methods
- Marketing Innovation & Commercialisation
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Performance & Productivity
Semester 2 Obligatory Subjects
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Marketing & Sustainability
- Brand Management
- Cases in Marketing Management & Strategy
Students complete a minor research dissertation under the supervision of staff members. This dissertation will account for 25 ECTS and must be completed by a date in summer specified by the Marketing Discipline.
- A Second Class Honours, Grade 1 Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent business degree, with a significant specialisation in Marketing. Applicants who hold a Second Class Honours, Grade 2, may be interviewed to ascertain their suitability for entry.
- Applicants with a Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent business degree, without a specialisation in marketing, are expected to hold a Second Class Honours, Grade 1, or higher; a Second Class Honours, Grade 1, or higher in the Higher Diploma in Business Studies (Level 8).
- Any other applicants, seeking a conversion programme, are expected to hold a Second Class Honours, Grade 1, or higher, may be interviewed to ascertain their suitability for entry and are required to successfully complete a Principles of Marketing course, as specified by the Discipline, prior to commencement of studies.
- Minimum Grade Required: 3.8 CGPA
- All applicants, whose first language is not English, must present one of the following qualifications in the English language. IELTS 6.5. TOEFL 92
- Statement of intent
- Academic letters of recommendation
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarships