Photos of university / #lewisclarkstate
The Earth Science major provides a quantitative education in Earth’s systems, including the solid earth, hydrosphere, atmosphere and biosphere. Students will gain a foundational understanding of the major features of each of these systems and the interrelations between them through lecture, laboratory and field studies. The program provides a very broad-based science education, preparing students for a wide variety of careers in the private and government sectors including the fields of environmental science, mining and petroleum industries, and resource management. It also provides an excellent foundation for students interested in continuing their education with graduate work in the sciences.
Students may also complete courses required for secondary teaching certification.
General Education Core
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Mathematical Ways of Knowing
- Humanistic & Artistic Ways of Knowing
- Scientific Ways of Knowing
- Social & Behavioral Ways of Knowing
- Integrative Seminar: Ethics & Values
- Foreign/Heritage Language
- PRINCIPLES OF CHEMISTRY II
- ENVIRONMENTAL EARTH SCIENCE
- INTRODUCTION TO EARTH SYSTEMS
- HISTORICAL GEOLOGY
- EARTH MATERIALS I
- EARTH MATERIALS II
- EARTH SYSTEMS CAPSTONE
- WORKSHOP IN GEOLOGY
- DESCRIPTIVE ASTRONOMY
- GENERAL PHYSICS II
- ENGINEERING PHYSICS II
- Online application
- Send official school transcripts/records: an official transcript is usually sent directly from the high school or university. If the transcript is hand carried to LCSC, make sure that it is still in a sealed envelope.
- Students must show evidence of secondary (high school) school completion or the equivalent.
- Students must show at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale from a secondary (high school) or post-secondary (college or university) institution. Students with more than 14 transferable post-secondary credits do not need to show secondary transcripts.
- Some applicants will be required to submit their original transcripts to an outside evaluation agency such as World Education Services (WES). This determination will be made by the admissions team at their discretion. Students will be responsible to pay for the transcript evaluation.
- Send a bank statement showing funds available for study.Send Certificate of Financial Responsibility, (CFR) if applying online. CFR included in paper application.
- Send a passport copy.
- Meet our English proficiency requirements by submitting an official test score. (Not required of IIE applicants). Note that it is an option to be tested upon arrival through conditional admission.No TOEFL or IELTS required.
- Obtain LCSC-approved health insurance.
- International Student Scholarships
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics Scholarships