Photos of university / #unibuc
In 1866, the University of Bucharest established the Faculty of Sciences, comprising two departments: the Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences and the Department of Physical and Natural Sciences. Natural History functioned within the second department that was subsequently divided into three departments: Zoology, Botany and Physiology. In the beginning, the studies lasted only three years; it has since increased to four years.
- - 1948 - The Faculty of Sciences is re-organized into other faculties, among which was the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
- - 1958 - The Faculty of Sciences becomes the Faculty of Biology.
- - 1974 - Alongside Biology, a second specialization is founded: Biochemistry.
- - 1990 - A third specialization is founded: Ecology.
In order to carry out high-performance activities, the Faculty of Biology has specialized laboratories with modern equipment, as well as a rich book fund. The knowledge received in classrooms and laboratories is completed by interesting, practical applications performed in the middle of nature every year - at the end of each semester.
The faculty has bilateral agreements offering undergraduate and post-graduate students the opportunity to carry out practice and research terms in renowned foreign universities and institutions.
Great personalities that taught or attended training courses here: Radu Corneanu, Dimitrie Voinov, Andrei, Popovici-Bâznosanu, Constantin Motas, Mihail Ionescu, Gheorghe Dornescu, Ion Steopoe, Nistor Santa, Eugen Tarnavschi, Traian Stefureac, and Traian Savulescu.
Graduation Domains: Biology, Environmental Science.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- EUR 270 Month (EEA)
- EUR 270 Month (Non-EEA)
The standard unit of study is the semester. The normal load of a semester is conventionally 30 credits. The convention of 30 credits/semester was chosen to adjust to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The credits assess the normal volume of a student's work.Duration full-time 36 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Number of Laboratories and Research Centres: 79 laboratories, 25 seminar rooms, 9 research centres, and 6 lecture halls.Employment Opportunities:
- - Undergraduate and graduate education, as teacher and/or researcher;
- - Biologist in research, clinic, ecologic and quality control of the products within biosynthesis industry laboratories;
- - Inspector within the Preventive Medicine and Sanitary Police Inspectorate.
- - Biologist or Microbiologist in research institutes;
- - Biologist in phytosanitary quarantine laboratories or public health departments;
- - Biologist in the pharmaceutical industry;
- - Inspector for certain agencies for environmental protection;
- - Employee at museums of natural sciences, botanical gardens, zoos;
- - Specialist within the Environmental Police;
- - Pharmaceutical industries;
- - Research centres.
Following Romanias adhering to the European Union and in accordance with Law 316 from July 12, 2006, the citizens from the European Union as well as the citizens from the Swiss Confederation and the European Economic Region may study at Romanian Higher Education Institutions in the same conditions as Romanian students do, that is :
- They have to pass an entrance examination for all study levels ( Bachelor, Master, PhD), at the same dates and the same subjects as Romanian students.
- The study fees are the same as for Romanian students, to be paid in Romanian currency (Ron). The fees may be updated every year.
- The admission sessions usually are in July for Bachelor studies and in September for Master and PhD studies.
- The exact examination data are available at every faculty of the university (they might differ slightly from one faculty to another).
In order to register for the entrance examination at any of the faculties of the University of Bucharest, the file must contain the following documents:
- Certificate of equivalence of study documents
- High school diploma + school records, in original and endorsed copies
- Birth certificate, endorsed copy
- Health certificate
- Three photos size ¾
- Passport or any other ID, in copy
- Proof of payment for the examination taxes
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Bucharest.