The 30-credit program requires students to complete 18 credits in social studies and 12 credits in closely related fields.
Accepted students will have 5 years to complete the program, from the beginning of any course work to be counted toward the program.
* Intro to Social Studies Education
* Analysis of Social Studies Curricula
* Teaching Social Studies in the Elementary School
* Materials and Methods in Social Studies
* Learning & Teaching in the Middle School (Social Studies)
* History of American Education
* Race, Ethnicity, and Inequality of Education
* Philosophy and Education
* Sociological Foundations of Education
* Anthropology of Education
* Gender and Education
* Urban Education
* Topics in Social Studies EducationMaking Citizens: Civic Identity, Learning, and Action
Students finance their education in several ways, including fellowships, scholarships, and assistantships offered by the GSE. In addition, GSE students may be eligible for awards provided by Rutgers. Funding for graduate education is also available from external sources.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.