The health and fitness industry is one of the fastest growing sectors of the UK economy. This course draws on expertise from psychologists, dieticians, public health professionals and exercise and sport scientists to provide you with the knowledge, skills and training designed to allow you to enter an exciting career working to improve peoples health and well-being with a range of employers.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- A programme that enables students to gain the expertise required for entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs);
- Employer links with the local National Health Service (NHS) trusts and their cardiac and respiratory rehabilitation teams which provides real-life case studies and ensures the course provides the relevant skills wanted by employers;
- Experienced teaching staff who bring professional or research expertise into their teaching;
- Regular guest speakers in areas such as public health and exercise prescription who bring the latest ideas and problems related to exercise, nutrition and health;
- Opportunities for long and short placements in the health and fitness industry or other industries/employers relevant to the course.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 8773 Module (EEA)
- GBP 11448 Module (International)
Course ContentThe first year of the course lays the foundation for the study of Exercise, Nutrition and Health. All students in the department will develop important study and research skills. You will cover the following topics: anatomy and physiology, exercise prescription and instruction, nutrition, psychology, public health.
In the second year of the course you will further develop your study skills and research expertise, and will begin to specialise in key areas such as: exercise physiology, exercise prescription and programme design, nutrition across the lifespan, psychological interventions for exercise, nutrition and health and public health protection and policy.
In the final year of your course you will carry out an independent research project linked to one of the key topic areas, which forms a very important part of your degree.You will also study the following areas in-depth: exercise and health, exercise prescription for special populations, public health nutrition, psychology of health behaviour change, and health promotion and public health promotion.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
RequirementsEssential Entry Requirements:
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English Language, Mathematics and Science, or specified equivalents.
- A-Levels: CCC to include Biology or PE. Excludes General Studies
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: MMM in a sport science subject
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 27 points to include Biology at Higher level
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Coventry University.
FundingMerit Scholarship Scheme
Merit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
- Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
- There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.
Occasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.Science Without Borders
Brazilian students are able to apply for full scholarship - including tuition fees and accommodation - to study undergraduate sandwich programmes at Coventry University.Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK, as part of the UK's contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
Scholarships for PhD and split-site (PhD) study
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Scholarships for Masters, PhD, or split-site (PhD) study at UK universities
- Shared Scholarships for Masters study at selected UK universities
If you are a citizen of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate study at UK universities
Ferguson Trust Scholarships are made available through the generosity of The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development. The Trust supports people from low-income and conflict-affected regions who want to improve their knowledge of peace and reconciliation. Scholarship amounts vary and are dependent on individual circumstances and assessment.