Photos of university / #ciim.ac.cy
CIIM’s MSc in Financial Services aims to prepare participants to tackle demanding financial or banking jobs by helping them acquire theoretical and practical knowledge regarding recent and important developments in the sector. Students will also be able to specialise in the field of their choice (Financial Services, Banking, and Insurance Management), do an internship with a reputable company, or work on a finance-related thesis.
Given the recent changes that have occurred in the financial industry in Cyprus and Europe, the programme is structured to reflect the actual needs of the local and international financial market. Furthermore, our MSc helps participants to develop an analytical understanding of modern finance and accrue decision-making and management skills that are needed in a challenging business environment.
The programme is fully accredited by DI.PA.E. (previously SEKAP) and recognised by KYSATS (national accreditation/recognition). MSc in Financial Services is part of the CFA ® University Affiliation Programme.
Furthermore, the programme positions students well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst ® designation, which has become the most respected and recognised investment credential in the world.
Is the MSc in Financial Services programme suitable for me?
The twin forces of globalisation and the information revolution have dramatically transformed the banking and financial sector, leading to its growing importance.
The MSc Financial Services is designed for those who want:
- To become properly trained professionals on finance, banking and risk management
- To become qualified individuals with the sophisticated analytical and technical skills necessary to handle complex transactions in the fast moving, globalised financial markets
- To become familiar with all the latest developments in the sector, so that they keep up with the rapid changes in the local and global economy
- A highly valued qualification in Financial Services that will allow them to pursue a career in the industry
The MSc Financial Services requires that students complete 90 ECTS credits as follows:
- Earn 60 ECTS from taught core courses
- Earn 30 ECTS from one of the following options:
- Specialisation elective courses
- Elective courses without a Specialisation
- A 15,000+ word Final Project (Thesis)