The Master in Footwear and Accessories Design is aimed to designers and fashion and product design creatives, to acquire the essentials to develop the creation process of collection, from the concept to the development of a business plan to guarantee the feasibility of the production.
The program is centered in promoting creativity, encouraging the individual ability to identify trends, reinvent them and use them to obtain a product with its own identity in a dynamic market which evolves constantly, but also guarantying its marketing.
Teaching hours: 500 hours
Teaching creadits: 60
- Classes start: January 2014
- Classes completion: July 2014
Timetable: From Monday to Friday, from 18.30 to 22.30.
* The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master issues private degrees.
The Master in Footwear and Accessories Design wants to trains professionals specialized in shoes and accessories design, creation and management field. For this, the Master, based on a specific theoretical and practical plan, sets out the necessary objectives for creative and competent professionals to create and develop their own brand and designs.
In the Master in Footwear and Accessories Designr all provided knowledge is updated and real. Professors are prime active professionals, who are specialists in their expertise and a high level of professional experience..
The course is composed by several blocks, which are developed in different ways:
- Trends. Students will learn how to analyze them, not to copy them, but to use those trends as inspiration. They will study whats their use, and how to understand, interpret and apply them, and also, how to ignore them and make the product a success.
- Production techniques. Investigation and knowledge of the various production techniques and processes for shoes.
- Design. Creativity and differentiation will be promoted by studying trends, constructing inspiration panels and developing an idea from different sources of inspiration (cinema, literature, arts )
- Creativity on Internet in fashion and shoes companies. Analysis of the main strategies applied on Internet by benchmarks in fashion and shoes.
- Color Psychology and its application to obtain different sensations and emotions. Technical and practical study of materials and their most suitable uses.
- Sports shoes and their relevance in a growing market.
The Master in Footwear and Accessories Design is directed at industrial designers, fashion and textile designers, graduates in fine arts and professionals that have a significant professional experience in the sector..
Professional Opportunities Students who take this course can develop their professional career in the following areas:
- Collection designers for their own brand or for other companies Shoes and accessories industry manager Director of department and shoes and accessories management in commercial spaces.
Each Master is assessed by a specialist in the area, who has an active role in the studies plan development and contents in collaboration with the didactics department of the Master Area. The coordinator also supports the incorporation of specific teachers of the sector, as well as the relationships with enterprises and institutions from the knowledge area of the course
Shoemaker from Barcelona established in Paris. Creator of his own brand of shoes, which he designs, produces and places on market. He has been Art Director at Maud Frizon in Paris, creator of the first shoe collection for Victorio & Lucchino and creator of a sandal collection for Yanko in Spain. Among his clients, there are: Barbara Bui, Jean Paul Knott, Guy Laroche, Mango and Shanghai Tang. Journalist and fashion analyst in Vogue Italia, Woman España, Vogue España, El País, La Vanguardia. At the moment he contributes to the magazine Marie Claire from Paris.