Photos of university / #sdstatepics
A 30-hour visual arts core taken in conjunction with the graphic design sequence supports the degree and creates a foundation for success. Through taking the core, majors qualify for the Art Minor which adds breadth and depth to the degree.
Student Learning OutcomesUpon graduation, majors demonstrate their competence in graphic design through senior projects and create portfolios needed for competing for professional positions. As defined by the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), upon completion of the degree, students are able to demonstrate the following outcomes through advanced writing and senior portfolio:
- Knowledge of design principles, theories, and history.
- Knowledge of how visual communication is planned, produced and distributed.
- Practice in new approaches to generate innovative visual communication solutions.
- Ability to construct narratives and scenarios in the creation of the design solutions.
- Effective use of typography, image, layout, motion, interactivity, and the principles and elements of design.
- Practice of critical evaluation about ones own designs and the designs of others with regard to usefulness, desirability, feasibility, economic viability and sustainability.
- Ability to work independently while learning and apply new technologies.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline June for Fall semester; November for Spring semester Tuition fee
- USD 7904 Year (National)
- USD 18044 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Major Requirements: 42Advanced Writing Course Credits:
- History of United States Art and Architecture
- Modern Art and Architecture Survey
- Graphic Design
- Computer Graphics
- Motion Graphics
- Design Media
- Visual Communication
- Design Media
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than South Dakota State University.
FundingSDSU offers a variety of academic scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, activities participation and leadership.
South Dakota State University has been granted the full, ten-year reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. An accreditation team of representatives from peer institutions commended SDSU for:
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Quality new facilities
- Excellent student leadership
- Shared governance
- Partnerships with local community
- Robust and Integrated assessment program
- Successful transition to NCAA Division I Athletics