Photos of university / #hse_university
The Master's programme in International Management aims to train professional managers capable of working in multinational firms in a highly competitive digital world. The curriculum includes three interrelated modules: global strategies and operations; digital transformation and new business models; corporate social responsibility and sustainable development.
The programme is taught in English. Students have an opportunity to pursue a semester abroad at a leading international business school.
The programme offers lots of opportunities to interact and network with the leading international and Russian companies:
- two consulting projects, sponsored by programme’s corporate partners, including Big4 global consulting companies;
- summer internship with one of the programme’s corporate partners;
- master-classes and workshops from invited C-level guest speakers;
- opportunities to become teaching and research assistants;
- participation in HSE University-funded project groups.
Career Development Centre services:
- professional networking & career mobility opportunities, including assistance in employment with leading international and Russian corporations;
- career events;
- master-classes, workshops and seminars with the best employers;
- counselling students on building a career, writing a resume and job market navigation.
The programme is conducted in strong collaboration with corporate partners of HSE’s Faculty of Business and Management, including L’Oreal, BM, SAP, BCG, Oracle, PwC, Accenture, KPMG, Microsoft, Sberbank, VTB Bank, and Lanit, among others.
Designed to give students the knowledge and skills required to work as professional managers in a highly competitive digitalized world, the programme’s curriculum is based on three interrelated modules:
- Global strategies and operations;
- Digital transformation and new business models;
- CSR and sustainable development.
Students enrolled in the programme take a combination of required core courses—International Economics, Global Strategic Management, and Research Methods in Management—as well as a series of elective courses. Through the programme, students gain expertise and practical experience in four key areas:
- International business strategy and regional markets;
- Managing the development of organizations and talent in a digital world;
- Business analytics and financial management;
- Marketing and operations in modern multinational companies.
Taught entirely in English, the programme requires students to study abroad at a leading international business school, such as ESCP Europe (Paris, France), Lancaster University Management School (Lancaster, UK), WU - Vienna University of Economics and Business (Vienna, Austria), or ESSEC Business School (Paris, France) and many others. This requirement enables students to enhance their educational experience and jumpstart their professional and personal development.
To enter the Master in International Management programme applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and be proficient in English.
The admission is based on the review of the submitted portfolio and either GMAT/GRE test results or entrance examination* (GMAT-based test exam).
- Diploma and official academic transcript;
- Documents confirming the individual achievements of the applicant (publications and research work, academic awards, specialized diplomas and certificates, grants and scholarships received, documents evidencing the completion of courses, workshops, trainings, letters of recommendation, CV, GMAT/GRE certificate);
- Documents, confirming international experience;
- Letter of motivation;
- Essay* on a topic “International Business in the Times of COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities” (an essay has to be max. 3 pages, A4 format, Times New Roman, 12 pt).
*According to HSE internal bylaws all papers must be prepared by students independently and on an individual basis, without plagiarism or copying sources.
NIU HSE establishes the following types of scholarships for international students on admission to the program:
State Scholarship of the Government of the Russian Federation
Candidates selected by educational programs on a competitive basis and who have received at least 65 points based on portfolio evaluation (subject to availability) will be considered.
Scholarship amount: 100%.
According to the results of entrance tests (portfolio scores)
- With a total score for the competition portfolio of 60 points and higher the scholarship amount is 50%.
- With a total score for the portfolio competition from 50 to 59 points the scholarship amount is 25%.
Graduates of the Preparatory Department for Foreign Citizens of the Higher School of Economics (commercial branch)
Candidats provide an educational document confirming the successful сompletion of an additional educational program (lack of unsatisfactory assessments)
Scholarship amount: 50%.
Graduates of preparatory faculties of other Russian universities
Candidats provide an educational document confirming the successful сompletion of an additional educational program.
Scholarship amount: 50%.
Graduates of the program "Summer University"
Availability of a certificate of participation in the program "Summer University" and an academic certificate (transcript) confirming the completion of the program (at least two courses in the absence of unsatisfactory grades).
Scholarship amount: 25%.
Bachelor's/specialty graduates of the HSE University
HSE University Diploma
Scholarship amount: 25%.
Winners of the "Open Doors" Olympiad
Successful completion of all admission tests.
Scholarship amount: 50-70%.
For early conclusion and payment of the contract
Contract conclusion and payment within 30 days from the date of publication of the decision on the recommendation for admission to the commercial place in the personal cabinet of the international applicant, but no later than June 1.
Scholarship amount: 5%.
World’s best practices in business education
- strong academic foundation;
- practice-oriented learning;
- collaborative environment;
- personal and professional development.
Reliable corporate partners
- consultancy projects and real-life cases from corporate partners;
- master-classes and workshops from business practitioners and executives;
- corporate internship and participation in corporate-sponsored projects;
- opportunities to initiate and implement school- and university-wide projects.
Semester abroad in one of the best business schools
- collaboration with best business schools from Master in Management/Financial Times rating-100;
- double-degree diploma options.
- programme taught entirely in English;
- international faculty and education ecosystem, including full support from International Office.