This course provides an exciting mixture of approaches to animation and illustration and will provide you with the necessary skills to function as a professional.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- The opportunity to exhibit your work at design expositions such as Free Range and New Designers (previous students have exhibited their work at such prestigious locations as The Public Gallery and the Hangzhou Animation Festival);
- the opportunity to undertake a work placement or study abroad between years two and three;
- a highly accomplished teaching team who represent a dynamic range of experience within illustration and animation practice. From publishing to animation and CGI, these award-winning practitioners* bring the reality and expectation of creative professional practice into the studio;
- guidance on a range of technologies, both traditional and technological, that are used in both illustration and animation at a professional level;
- the opportunity to experiment and develop animation skills with specialist equipment, including the dedicated high-end stop motion equipment in the stop motion shooting area.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 9000 Module (EEA)
- GBP 12444 Module (International)
This course is based around a wide range of approaches to the development of your own work in relation to both illustration and animation.
Drawing is a key element that will underpin your studies but you will also study a range of approaches to both disciplines so that you can begin to develop your own signature style.
Your course will be primarily based on the development of your studio practice but you will also have lectures, seminars and workshops.
A range of assessment methods will be used in conjunction with clearly defined coursework tasks. Your work will be assessed by subject specialists who, after grading the submission, will be available to give you feedback.Where appropriate you are encouraged to work with writers or experts in related disciplines. You will credit all participants and must be able to demonstrate your particular contribution to any external collaborative project.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
RequirementsEssential Entry Requirements:
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English Language, or specified equivalents.
- A-Levels: CCC to include at least one Art or Design subject
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: MMM in an Art or Design subject
Access: A pass in the Access Diploma. Access applicants can meet the GCSE requirements through their current studies and do not need to have these qualifications separately.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 27 points to include Art or Design at Higher level
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Coventry University.
FundingMerit Scholarship Scheme
Merit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
- Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
- There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.
Occasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.Science Without Borders
Brazilian students are able to apply for full scholarship - including tuition fees and accommodation - to study undergraduate sandwich programmes at Coventry University.Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK, as part of the UK's contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
Scholarships for PhD and split-site (PhD) study
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Scholarships for Masters, PhD, or split-site (PhD) study at UK universities
- Shared Scholarships for Masters study at selected UK universities
If you are a citizen of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate study at UK universities
Ferguson Trust Scholarships are made available through the generosity of The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development. The Trust supports people from low-income and conflict-affected regions who want to improve their knowledge of peace and reconciliation. Scholarship amounts vary and are dependent on individual circumstances and assessment.